SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Don't think you can penalise one type of car Leo, with things like lightweight interiors e.t.c not being allowed in the Ford , personally think the status quo should remain such as the standard interior for 2019 , since i,ve been doing this it,s always been a level playing field and basically comes down to preperation of cars , if you remember rightly the first year of this current formula the Lancia started of as being the car to have.

Have already prepped a car to the current rules, if you are bringing out new rules might have been an idea before opening up the entry list so we all knew before we entered a car , of course if you want to change things perhaps let the SCX cars back in chuckle
biggrin.png

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Driver 8 i,ve been doing this proxy for a few years and see if i can be of help , we have always used the MJK tyre which is the standard tyre for the series up to now and as far as i know will be for 2019, most of us would have these tyres as the original proxy started in OZ where they are produced, so for drivers from that hemisphere no trouble in obtaining them.

There are a list of suppliers on here www.mjkeng.com/ mostly all in the southern hemisphere and where i get my one's from, ( no outlet in the UK ) , the original rules for this proxy 2017 tyres, is MJK tyres which fit the standard rims number 4257 which fit the RS and Metro, and 4221 which fit the Audi and Lancia, if you had either of the first two i could let you have a set of 4257's but i don't have any 4221's, hope this assists you.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Driver 8 noticed you mentioned guides a fair few of us use sprung guides i have Scaleauto no SC-1621 with suspension in mine , others use Ninco 80106 also with suspension, and you will need to alter the guide hole to make it smaller to use these , some have made their own some have the B-Nova unit in them which are very hard to get now , mind you the sprung guides generally are hard to get.

I think some still use the standard unit but picture shows why the sprung guide is better, send me a PM and i may be able to help you with the bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Compromise driver 8 is the name of the game in this nice to have a good looking car , but after the first round or two they might not be so smart , don't forget it,s rallying so the car will be bouncing of walls , bits of scenery and judging by the marks be upside down a few times , 99% of what you do should be mechanical loads of little things get forgotten when you first do this and with the advice of others you will get it right in a year or so, i forgot to glue the motor in the first year we ran these cars and wondered why it was having trouble in corners.

One of the first things i do now is glue the B motor in won't make that mistake again, and don't forget to glue the rear bearings into the housing as the rear axle can come out after hitting a object or two.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Yep good field this year not sure if a picture of the whole field was ever posted so sent one , also the qualifying for round 5 with Leo's comments, suprised i was fastest with those comments chuckle, your turn to host must be soon Martyn.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
End of Round 5 and the final results are in , congrats to Mondeo74, Splitrim, and Alexis in Greece for finishing in the top 3, Mondeo74 stole a bit of a march on the others with a overall time of 538-896 , Splitrim was 554-411, and Alexis 554-643, very close between 2nd and 3rd and i fact pretty close between between 2nd and 9th only a couple or so seconds in it after 4 stages.

Included are the current positions overall in the 2019 WRP proxy series again close racing this series, and the RS200 is not having all the glory this year very evenly spread.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Results are in for ss3 and final placings for round 6 in Wales , looks like the car to have in Wales is a Ford RS 200, big thanks to Martyn for running the round and congrats to those who entered all good cars , and differant results car wise on differant type of tracks it seems so far in the series, roll on Round 7 .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thanks Martyn and to all involved your end to get the Welsh section completed , we all know cars with a large arse can be tricky to drive on a rally circuit seem to cut their own groove in the scenery gradually , looking back at the SCX days most of those cars were of the smaller type and they were all pretty good to drive on any track.

Simon i,ve been doing this for many a year now and it,s always been swings and rounderbouts , and even after all my years my cars still have good and bad tracks, never have found the car that goes well everywhere.

Results of round 7 are in and they go to confirm in wales the RS rules , but do think Charles Metro really came into it,s own on SS3, by the way if i do anymore of these they will appear on the Events tag in the proxy section , as i just realised that's where they should really be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The latest round of the World Rally proxy was held in one of my favourite cities Athens , with Alexis and his magnificent crew , now as far as i know this should be round 8 as round 7 was held in Wales , but according to Alexis it,s headed round 7, firstly thanks to all the lads in Greece who made the running possible..

Stage 1 car 59 Martyn showed the others the way home with his RS 200, not far ahead of another RS 200 no 74 , and in 3rd place car 54 first of the Lancias.

Stage 2 car RS 200 111 was the winner wITH 74

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Seems to have been a blip in the previous thread so i'll carry on , Stage 2 car 74 was again in 2nd spot , with car 17 another Lancia 3rd , the overall results of both stages , was 111----- 74-------59 first 3 all RS 200's, a few pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just to finish this thread of , the final race of the 2019 has been run , and i was fortunate enough to have won the WRP series this year, finished 2nd to Martin a couple of years back so quite happy to have got a win under my belt.

Smaller field this series but some quality cars there , surprising how well a basic Scaley car goes with just a few mods, many thanks to all those involved, see you all again next series , a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hi Leo hope the WRP is back again next series , we just need to pick up some more interest , if you remember we were worried at one time that 40 entries would be to much, and that's only a few years back.

Not sure what Mel is thinking of at the moment perhaps when he decides we can do a add campaign on here and other outlets , after all it is a bit of fun and a challenge on set up skills, i would like to add from a personal view , it does feel great to win a series took me 6 years rising up the ladder to the top, and if i can do it anyone can.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.