is it just part of the rules ?

or have i missed something ?

or are they wrong years or something like that .... just wondering

obviously the 205 cant play cos is inline

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello Oxo

The theme of the current regulations is "Group B" and no Subarus ever competed in that category.

A main concept of the WRP is to keep the same basic rules for a few years so that peeps are not having to buy/prep a new car every time.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
I'm committed to the Lancia marque, but had to run Peugeots for three years (206 and 307) when SCX all-wheel-drive cars were the theme.

We had some Subarus in that era.

Leo.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
i noticed in the aus forum , ppl commented on the lack of variety

perhaps they could open the event up to subaru , lancer evo etc , as long as they used a rear mounted sidewinder motor

just for extra variety

still rally cars , still sidewinder adds more variety , and i like subaru
biggrin.png
hehehehe

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Sadly there are no current "ranges " of rally cars by any of the main stream manufacturers.
Rallying seams to have dropped from their plans, as more and more "classic" and "historic" race cars fill the catalogues. It's so much easier to re-livery a mini or cortina into an original '60s colour scheme, or a modern Historic racer.

The lack of a "range" of "matched" models makes it difficult for people to buy new cars off the shelf.

Maybe there will be a Scratch built Rally Series, that you could shoehorn a scooby into.....

Simon

·
Registered
394 Posts
The lack of a "range" of "matched" models makes it difficult for people to buy new cars off the shelf.

Maybe there will be a Scratch built Rally Series,
current 'ranges' yes , i agree

i think rally cars have dropped off the manufacturers agenda because rallying in RL isn't really as fashionable as it once was ( in UK atleast )

but as a platform for an affordable , entry level slot car proxy , it is ideal

i feel the current rule set for WRP could accommodate other models just for variety

ie:-

ford rs200

lancia delta

metro 6r4

audi s4

lancer evo

subaru

there may even be more models that as a noob i dont know about , but , essentially everything stays the same , you just increase the model variety by 50% !

all scalextric models , all sidewinder

i understand will not be historically / class or RL correct , but will add more models before this turns into a ford rs200 series and fizzles away

also stays in keeping with the theme of a proxy any1 can enter regardless of their experience

i read regularly on the forums about ppl looking for ideas to attract new blood into the hobby

the current format is ideal for noobs like myself to be able to participate ( if it happens again )

moving to scratch build or relaxing the rules to allow elite drivers/builders to pull further ahead , will likely remove me and any other new people from the fray , and only keep the ppl already involved

i understand as i grow in this hobby that i will want more challenges , but this format obviously works and with exposure will grow

just my 2p

sorry for the wall of text

regards

kev

btw .... i like subaru's
thumbsup.gif
did i already say this ?

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.