SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Picked up a few more Lotus 16's to add to the ever growing collection over the last month or so.

A couple of Type 1's, Made in France

Type 1 Made in Australia

And a Type 2 Made in Australia/NZ.

I'll wait until summer hits in the next couple of months and use Velcro strips to wrap the cars that aren't closed correctly.

With the heat in the shed over summer I can pretty much close the 2 halves together, slowly tightening the velcro.

Worked in the past so I'll stick with what works.

cheers

Matt

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice work with the restoration Billy.
Will get one of those one day when it pops up at a reasonable price, and a Blue one, oh and a yellow one,lol.
I purchased the 2 French ones off Ebay France, luckily the seller spoke English and was happy to post them to Western Australia.
These are the first Type 1 French Lotus 16's in my collection.
Both of the red French Lotus 16's were missing the mirrors, everything else was there.
I had made the mirrors up out of resin some time back but wasn't happy with the shade of yellow to use on some other cars which had missing/broken mirrors.
Luckily they were ideal for the 2 French cars in colour, close enough anyway.
I have noticed that the carbs and mirrors on the French Lotus 16's are different to the UK, Australian and Australian/New Zealand Lotus 16's.
I have purchased roundels to replace the missing originals, look good, but too good if that makes any sense.
Not sure about the freezer method but with 40 degrees C here in Summer, the shed becomes an oven, works like a treat.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts