SlotForum banner
181 - 200 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's Joe F. , and we think we know what club he was associated with. A google search yielded no results, even trying alternate spellings. Still we are digging.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My first purchase since September, been seeking one of these for years, a series 1 Honda F1 (Spain). It is complete with nothing broken or missing, tyres are cracked but not a problem as this won't be raced.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Latest Acquisition

Super Shells Lotus 30 with Sports car Chassis but with the can motor

It's a runner but needs new braids and I'm not all the sure about the gear mesh as it's right on the edge of the pinon, looks like a job for my gear puller. I also had to to change the rear tyres and at the moment I've fitted a pair of small Monogram/Revell urethanes but they are a little bit small so will add the correct ones to my next tyre order.

I seem to be building up a collection of Lotus 30 at the moment. I have my original Hawk static kit the has a modified SRC sidewinder chassis fitting and is detailed in my retirement build thread.

Then my Pactra vac form

and a Tamiya kit

Wow, I like the new photo pasting options so easy. The first two photos I inserted using the insert image icon, three and four I copied the image on my PC and pasted directly in to the post, five I copied from the other thread and also pasted directly in to the tread and the last tow I copied the image on my website and again pasted directly in to the post. 🤩 (Just wish the smilies were better, the only thing I'm missing at the moment).

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
The Tamiya kit is the same size as the Hawk and Super Shells and the windscreen is a perfect fit for the hawk and seems the same size as the Super Shells. The Pactra is the same width as all the others but the over all length is a bit shorter with the front and rear of the body being more rounded than the other three but the wheelbase is the same.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Maybe the Tamiya cars varies because I have the Tamiya Ford 3Litre P68 and its definitely bigger than my Airfix one.
Also some of the screens were tinted Blue.
Regards Allan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Indi-Novi_Ferguson models that I can find listed

726 ready to race with 3 pole motor, this is from the earliest publication I have listing the model

From the 1969 catalogue

726 ready to race with ball race motor

727 4WD kit car

8009 Standard Clubman Special kit

681 body kit, this I believe is the Clubman Special body

From the last catalogue to feature Airfix from the late 1970s.

5300 Hi-Speed MRRC, this will be with clip in motor and plastic rear axle holder

The next catalogue I have is from 2000 and all the cars had gone.

Aren't the MRRC motors either 3 pole or 5 pole?
iirc we did a brass chassis version also.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Latest arrival, another Porsche 917, a Spanish Scalextric K this time.

The motor runs and the tyres don't seem to bad but the car won't run on track. Motors quite slow, all look ok and a little clean up may help but I have a feeling it's the magnet as it need a turn of the cranking handle, quick turn of the wheels, to get it going. Don't think I've got any spare RX motors at the moment but I do have a couple of the replacement can motors and adaptors or I might wait and get some replacement magnets. It also came with a reproduction cardboard box and insert.

·
Administrator
9,837 Posts
Very nice Lee, looks like some Midwest survivors...

Keith, that sounds more like a short in one of the poles - does the car run when you lift the tires off the track? That could indicate a magnet problem, but the "push start" sounds more like a short...

Don

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Don, I thought it was dead to start with but a little oil helped. Needs a spin of the wheels to get it going, with the wheels of the track and then it tends to start turning on it's own. Put the wheels back on the track and it needs a push to move if I'm lucky.

·
Administrator
9,837 Posts
Just got a large package from my American buddy, with some interesting old scratchbuilts and one commercially made car. I'm very curious about the Honda and Ferrari Sharknose F1 cars. They're both very heavy and have at least some fiberglass lining and some kind of putty/resin on the inside, but I'm not sure if they're fiberglass bodies or not. The Honda looks a bit like the NIchima, but the Ferrari doesn't look like any model I know; it also seems a bit long and large for a Sharknose, but in proportion.

The Maserati 250F is a good example of early scratchbuilts: it uses the Strombecker 1/24 body and plastic wheels, but the wheels seem to be pinned to the axies in a very neat job. That's a Pittman DC195 motor mounted on its edge to a narrow aluminum frame that bolted to the bottom part of the body.

I also just picked up three HO cars from my local diecast collectors shop - that gold Mercedes 300SL rather fascinated me, so I took the plunge - it's a Bandai according to Bernard, which was my guess as well.

Anyway, thought you might enjoy seeing the latest arrivage.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Your Honda is a 1962 Porsche 804, Don. Dan Gurney's first F1 win and all that. Both it and the sharknose look about right to me. I don't get the logic of putting the Pittman on its side, raising the CoG. Maybe something about gear mesh?

Andy

·
Administrator
9,837 Posts
Thanks Joel; I wondered about that, but they just seemed so big and heavy, especially the Sharknose - they may have been repaired as well, given the white traces.

Andy, the side mounting was I think simply the result of being easier to mount like that with that kind of chassis, since the threaded holes are in the sides of the motor, and probably what you say about the gear mesh. At the time, they were just trying to get some cars that worked, and not worrying so much about CoG... with the stock wheels and tires, it wouldn't have have been a barn-burner!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Scalextric French blue C69 Ferrari arrived today.

The blue is a lighter shade and less easy to source than the English version, for those who haven't seen both examples side by side, you have now.

I've just realised the drivers platforms are also a different shade from each other as well.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Arrivals in the last couple of months

First not a slot car but will almost certainly end up being one as I can't leave kits in there bags and it's not sealed anyway.

Font Gas Data transfer cable Electronic component Machine

An Airfix/MRRC Clubman Special Aston Martin DB5

Needs a bit of body work but I was after the motor more than the full car.

A K's motor

Go a couple of Super Shells chassis that could go in.

This one I've been after for a while

Monogram 330P LM otherwise know as a 250LM

For some reason I was the only bidder on eBay.

This one isn't quite a slot car at the moment

Minus motor brushes and lights but the box did include all the instructions. Once I had freed up the front and rear body lugs it closed up perfectly.

Maybe not quite old enough for here but anyway a MRRC Clubman Special controller

And in an ohmage I didn't know they did, 35 ohm. Bought this as I can replace both of the Airfix barrel controllers I use the most, being 30 and 40 ohm.

As always you can see a slightly larger photo by click on the ones above.

181 - 200 of 249 Posts