SlotForum banner
201 - 220 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
Collect and race Strombecker primarily, but have other makes, too.
193 Posts
I just re-entered the hobby.

I've been on a major "Buying Binge". No need to duplicate here, I have two threads running that has pictures of some of the stuff I've already received as well as some of what's on the way:

Cheers!

Andre

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I haven't had anything in 1/24th scale since the 1970's but I am on the lookout for a couple of bodies and car as I would like to replace some of the cars I had then. I only buy/collect cars that I can run so that means 1/32nd and 1/43rd scale. If I go routed when I finally get around to building a track in my shed then I may make it single lane, as there is only me to use it, and make the lane width wide enough for some small 1/24th scale cars.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I received this today, a Otaki to add to my small collection of vintage slot cars. If anyone has one please post some pictures of it , maybe get some ideas on which way to go with the restoration.

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
Coming right up; you were lucky to find that one, they aren't that common. I finally found one a couple years ago, after looking for awhile. I had also found their Testa Rossa, incomplete, but wound up trading it after awhile, because it's really not a good model - unlike this Cobra.

Don

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Don I got two mint kits of the Tessa Rossa and Cobra and and Cobra kit with the bodies injected moulded incomplete (a reject) but I bought another one (Fair condition) the finish it off.

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
Yes sir! At least that Corvette body... I have lots of these bodies accumulated over the years, mostly the D Jag, Testa Rossa, etc. For instance (and these are the complete cars, not the bodies - send me a PM if interested in some of the extras)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Coming right up; you were lucky to find that one, they aren't that common. I finally found one a couple years ago, after looking for awhile. I had also found their Testa Rossa, incomplete, but wound up trading it after awhile, because it's really not a good model - unlike this Cobra.

Don View attachment 280973 View attachment 280974 View attachment 280975
Thanks for that Don that's a nice clean specimen , is there a cut out for motor Hight on yours? If not I may have a body with lowed body post's , it doesn't look like the posts have been altered . I haven't seen anyone else on the slot sites with one witch made me interested in it , after some research decided I wanted it ,I probably payed too much! but find another!

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
I thought of something else too Rastas: the rear holes on the chassis have sort of "nipples" on the top part which hold the chassis a bit further from the body than if they were just flat. Maybe on yours somebody has removed those to lower the body a bit?
In any case, if I were to run the car in anger, the first thing I'd do is try to lower the body and cut down the tires!

Don

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought of something else too Rastas: the rear holes on the chassis have sort of "nipples" on the top part which hold the chassis a bit further from the body than if they were just flat. Maybe on yours somebody has removed those to lower the body a bit?
In any case, if I were to run the car in anger, the first thing I'd do is try to lower the body and cut down the tires!

Don
Thanks Don, I thought there was something missing , the body isn't sitting on the post's flat that's why I thought I had been lowered, I have most of the paint off and found a little bit of the of plastic missing in the headlight surround under the where the headlight Lens sits so I'll have to paint it so it won't be a shelf Queen , and I don't see the point of a slot car if they don't get to be raced! so I'll be doing what's need to get the best out of it without going overboard.

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
We don't know much about them either! I have one; it's part of a line of bodies made in Japan, but that's about it..

Just looked in the new Slot Car Dreams book by Philippe de Lespinay and there is a short paragraph on the company: They made one kit, an Alfa Canguro with a clear body, and then this line of "crude clear plastic bodies".

Don

·
Registered
326 Posts
We don't know much about them either! I have one; it's part of a line of bodies made in Japan, but that's about it..

Just looked in the new Slot Car Dreams book by Philippe de Lespinay and there is a short paragraph on the company: They made one kit, an Alfa Canguro with a clear body, and then this line of "crude clear plastic bodies".

Don

Don
Thanks for that Don, I'll have to get that book! I usually go to LASCM when researching slot car stuff , when I don't find anything their I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack!

201 - 220 of 283 Posts