SlotForum banner
221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd love to get some of that track but don't get to see much of it in Australia, only once I've seen some on eBay a few years ago.
Most of it is in Europe, and not just the UK. I’ve sourced a fair amount from France and the Netherlands. I’m sure there are more hidden away, but I know of only 3, maybe 4 people in the US with any quantity of this track: a guy in Michigan has a huge amount (and he’s been selling some on eBay lately); a guy in New Jersey to whom I sold about 150 sections a few years ago, and me with about 150 sections. I know the SAMPSON museum in Texas has some, but I don’t know if it’s just the set he has setup in the museum or if he has a stash.

It’s often expensive when you find it, and it’s irrationally expensive to ship from Europe to the States. I admit to spending an irrational amount to buy what I have.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've been working on collecting Australasian stuff and being a little irrational bidding I ended up with these Midori cars! I've had parts of the Honda F1 for awhile now and I was slowly printing some parts for it but when I saw these I had to have them. The mini is not Midori and must be at least 1/20 scale but the chassis is, the Ferrari body is not original the aluminium chassis had the Ford Gt40 originally and came with what looks like a original I think as it's got punched out screw holes in the right place for the chassis.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Toy
Vehicle Car Hood Toy Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part
Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Hood
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Musical instrument Product Wheel Motor vehicle Tire
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Toy
Wheel Tire Vehicle Toy Racing
Wheel Vehicle Aircraft Tire Airplane

·
Administrator
9,908 Posts
I was at our local flea market this morning and actually found a few things: two Polistils from different generations, a McLaren CanAm (I think, it had a label with it... and a more modern BMW Italia with iso-fulcrum chassis and an HO size motor. Plus a real Scalextric BRM P180 - all in good shape, with dried out tires. 13 euros for all three...

Nothing extraordinary, but happy to find something besides little Made in China cars with magnets...

Plus a French "Popular Science" type of magazine from 1933 with an article on how new miniature electric motors can be used on modern toys... haven't read that yet, but had to get it.

Don

Don
Wheel Car Hood Vehicle Toy
Gas Machine Toy Auto part Engineering
Watercraft Book Publication Naval architecture Font
Publication Font Book Paper Paper product

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
snagged this "buy it now" on American ebay yesterday. However, did not pay the listed price; there was a "special" offered. Hope the 2nd gen Revell Cobra is restorable; these are nigh impossible to find; I've never had one!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Bought only 4 days ago, arrived today. First pic is the seller one, the description included "paint missing on the top half" it was easy to recognise this was white fungus and not 'missing paint'. It looked mint.

Toy Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Combat vehicle

After a quick clean it polished up really well.

Automotive tire Vehicle Toy Automotive design Motor vehicle
Helmet Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Vehicle Toy Helmet Automotive tire

Electric blue Font Automotive design Machine Corded phone

I doubt a screwdriver has been anywhere near those screws. There isn't a single scratch or impact mark on the body either.
This B2 "Hurricane" has at least seen some time on a track judging by the 'light fluff and hairs' evident on the rear wheels, I will task myself tomorrow on removing this by carefully opening it up, probably for the first time in its existence.
I am very pleased with this purchase, especially more so for what I paid for it, it is in truly superb condition.
These models were in production from 1964 until 1970 so it is at least 50 years old and has obviously been stored in a cool dark dry place during all that time.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thank you Andre. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to have a look inside the car so burnt some midnight oil.

There was a lot more fluff and hairs in there than I expected, suggesting it had been run quite a lot. Whoever owned this car from new was a very careful owner it seems, certainly never crashed it. I cleaned it out and it looks much better inside now. Motor runs strongly, really chuffed I bought this, I had never considered these 'bikes' ever before as part of my collection, now I'm hooked. I'll sure be wanting a red or a yellow one just to keep it company.
Toy Circuit component Gas Electric blue Machine

Cheers, Billy

·
Registered
454 Posts
Picked up a few more Lotus 16's to add to the ever growing collection over the last month or so.

A couple of Type 1's, Made in France

Type 1 Made in Australia

And a Type 2 Made in Australia/NZ.

I'll wait until summer hits in the next couple of months and use Velcro strips to wrap the cars that aren't closed correctly.

With the heat in the shed over summer I can pretty much close the 2 halves together, slowly tightening the velcro.

Worked in the past so I'll stick with what works.

cheers

Matt

·
Registered
654 Posts
Those French cars without the chrome features are adorable, I got one in a job lot a couple of years ago in a neglected state, this was how it looked when I came by it and after some attention.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Toy

I had a spare C54 exhaust and noticed under the flaked chrome it was yellow, I managed to get all the chrome off it which made it ideal. The spare suspension springs and mirrors I had were red after stripping off the chrome so I painted them yellow, came up okay. The drivers head was in my spares box and didn't require painting.
The broken 'kick plate'? on the other side was sorted by the same method of removing the chrome off a spare part I had to reveal its true colour, the carbs which had one missing are readily available on eBay.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

One of the roundels (16) were missing which was a shame, wish now I had just left the remaining two as they were, the ones I replaced them with just don't look right. :(

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice work with the restoration Billy.
Will get one of those one day when it pops up at a reasonable price, and a Blue one, oh and a yellow one,lol.
I purchased the 2 French ones off Ebay France, luckily the seller spoke English and was happy to post them to Western Australia.
These are the first Type 1 French Lotus 16's in my collection.
Both of the red French Lotus 16's were missing the mirrors, everything else was there.
I had made the mirrors up out of resin some time back but wasn't happy with the shade of yellow to use on some other cars which had missing/broken mirrors.
Luckily they were ideal for the 2 French cars in colour, close enough anyway.
I have noticed that the carbs and mirrors on the French Lotus 16's are different to the UK, Australian and Australian/New Zealand Lotus 16's.
I have purchased roundels to replace the missing originals, look good, but too good if that makes any sense.
Not sure about the freezer method but with 40 degrees C here in Summer, the shed becomes an oven, works like a treat.

Matt

·
Registered
654 Posts
Speaking of French and mirrors, this arrived today.
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

From France. C14 Matra MS10, race-tuned nice runner. Only fault is right side mirror has snapped off.
The mirrors extend from the drivers arms, so will either replace the driver (which means taking out the screen) or cut and glue a spare mirror on.

221 - 240 of 283 Posts