SlotForum banner
61 - 80 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just won this on UK Ebay - a "huge vintage Airfix bundle". It was the 15 x "Radius 3" corners (actually, in Airfix/MRRC talk, "Large radius curves") that sucked me in, I haven't ever seen any of those. I'd probably have paid what I did for the whole bundle just for those.

It all looks to be steel conductors rather than brass. which is a bonus for me, and there are a few other slightly unusual bits and pieces that I will keep. I've never up till now been interested in the Jump section, but one is apparently included - I may set it up to see how it works.

I'd do a link to the completed Ebay auction if I could, but with my current browser set up I can't. It shouldn't be too hard to find if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Nice haul there, although as It's steel not what I would be going for. At leaser you'll be able to use the original style barriers I can see as it looks like a lot of the curves are the second style of plastic moulding, or are the bronze rail? Hope you got some track edge clips if you intend to use the borders.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Had a little delivery today and the realised I hadn't posted this which I received at the end of January.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sleeve Rectangle Cap Emblem Bag

A Polistil DromoCar 700DN, I've been looking to get the Ferrari P5

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Tire

for awhile and in the end got the whole set for less than most of the P5 I have seen. The other car in a Alfa 33.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Both cars run fine but I was surprised by the wheels. The front wheels are solid plastic and the rear wheels are also solid plastic with a groove which takes what looks like a thick rubber band.

Blue Toy Gas Wheel Auto part

Although it's not visible the transparency is broken on the P5, although it's in two parts the break is under the bodywork behind the doors and the way it's broken the parts hold together.

Some of the track is a bit rusty and the set doesn't work as the controller wires have been cut off.

Blue Watch Red Gas Font

Tool Bag Kitchen utensil Musical instrument Wind instrument

Automotive lighting Rectangle Gas Motor vehicle Tin

I'm assuming there are some parts missing from the controllers, does any have a complete one they could post a internal photo of? Also does anyone have a set of instructions I could have a copy of?

Todays arrival

Car Toy Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

A late ready to run Revell Ferrari 250GTO

Automotive lighting Blue Motor vehicle Toy Bumper

With plastic chassis but the car has been fitted with the adjustable chassis, locknut wheel, running gear.

It came with a pair of wide rear tyres fitted that were rubbing on the chassis and the rear wheels were a bit tight to the chassis. Little bit of adjustment and it runs ok. I don't have any spare Revell tyres or urethanes at the moment and I tend to use Airfix F1 rear tyres as they fit fine, if a little small but this time, following on from what GRAH1 said in his Arii Beetle post, I have tried the tyres from my kit of the Beetle and although a little hard they fit very well and work nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Keith, I'm not surprised you're confused, because in the early days, pre SRM, Supershells themselves were confusing about the two different sport/saloon chassis they offered. The pic you showed in your second post illustrates it perfectly. The top image is of a Popin chassis, but the lower picture is of a 'Screwin' version. No, I'm not pulling your leg! See the two pics I've posted

As it happens, I have a damaged Popin chassis going spare. The damage is that someone (not me) has removed - surgically cleanly - the two rear mounting lugs. Apart from that, it's a good working example. No good to me - I already have two perfect Popins and only one SShells Elite body. If you're interested, pm me. Fiver + P&P?

John
Just to Clarify and help. Supershells had two sports chassis. The F1 was the Slim Jim. The Popin Screw in (Wide Track)was for the majority of the sports cars. The Lotus Elite (Narrow Track) had four push in posts. Is the Screw in one different? Or is the Popin S70 and Screw in S71 the two chassis above. One to fit the Elite and the other the sportcars? I think there are only two sportcar chassis. Regards Allan

·
Registered
759 Posts
As far as I know, Super Shells initially had a single sport chasis, they name pop-in, with the lugs that allow direct attachment to an Elite body. For the Lotus 30 or Porsche, a leaflet instructed you to cut the lugs, open holes on the tabs and screw the thus modified pop-in to the body. Later on (but not much I would say) they decided to do the job for you, and issued modified pop-ins with holes and no lugs, naming them screw-in. A screw-in is thus identical to a pop-in but for the holes and missing lugs. Hope this helps.

Eduardo

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
This is the slim Jim designed to fit the GP bodies

Font Auto part Machine Fashion accessory Metal

and the Sports Car to fit the sports cars

Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Aircraft Toy

As I understand things now the Popin has pegs in place of the screw holes.

The Slim Jim is upside down but as an idea of size it will almost fit in the Sports chassis.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Get to a little bit of theme here as following on from the Revell 250 GTO yesterday I received this Strombecker 250 GTO

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Toy Gas

Runs fine, just needed the rear tyres replacing as one just wouldn't stay on the rim which are single flange on the outside edge only. The front tyres will also need replacing as they move as well. Haven't checked the measurements but body is a little bigger than both the Revell and Fly models and not sure about the upward pointing exhausts.

And another Revell, a Aston Martin DB5 and although this was also a running it needed more work to get it to run on track. First a change of rear tyres and like with the Revell GTO I have used the second pair from the Arii Beetle kit as they fit and work well. I had to change the braids as those fitted were so heavy and thick that they couldn't be folded against the guide and kept lifting the car out of the slot. The car also had the same problem of de-slotting on parts of the climb on the Monte track, just like the Revell E-Type, and the cure was to fit a spacer under the guide flag, as per the E-Type.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

Product Toy Gas Machine Gadget

Also received this 'slot car'

Hood Motor vehicle Kit car Font Vehicle door

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Truck Automotive tire

A Motorific Ford GT40 but which model is it? Well it's defiantly not 1/32nd scale as it's way to narrow

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

and appear to be totally out of shape as it appears to be to long for the width

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Vehicle

but I think it's based on the 1956 Mk2 car that was 12 inches long than the Mk1 and the 1966 Mk2 (Mk2a) and based on the Daytona cars. The length , overall and wheelbase, come out at about 1/36th scale but just over 2mm to narrow. So maybe I won't be converting it but then who knows, just change the 3 volt cube motor for a 12volt and fit a guide.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,332 Posts
Yep, Motorific cars, and their rivals, are in a class by themselves - I wouldn't really call them slot cars, since not remotely controlled and with batteries, but they did have a slot track they could run in. Pretty neat models in general.

Here's my latest arrivals, forwarded by a buddy in the States, with some of the highlights. Don't usually go for MIB stuff, but a fairly large lot of the AMT Ford "Daytona Stocker" came out recently, and I got this one for a very reasonable price. Other than that, the usual mix of odd parts, odd cars and odd chassis... and what I thought were two Ungar Specials, since all I had were the early Eldons, but one of these also has an Eldon sticker on it... Also, at least my third Strombecker 007...

Don

Tool Knife Plastic Everyday carry Hand tool

Bumper Automotive exterior Publication Gas Automotive design

Circuit component Gas Electrical wiring Electronic component Machine

Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

Font Material property Plastic Paper Transparency

Microphone Circuit component Audio equipment Bicycle part Electrical wiring

Light Product Blue Automotive tire Toy

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Toy

Motor vehicle Toy Machine Engineering Tool

Car Hood Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,332 Posts
Right you are Steve, IMC it is!

Yep, was very happy to get the Crane rear end for the DC196... have one or two already on motors, but this is the first one I found in its box. I'd really like to find the Crane suspension unit also, but I think I've only seen that once in ebay in the last 20 odd years.

Don

·
Registered
47 Posts
Last week I went to the flea market outdoors early. There were 4 vendors in the 16 degree F breeze and I almost didn't take the chilly walk up the hill to check it out, but my buddy talked me into it. One vendor had just one slot car box, but when I looked in the box both of these were inside. Yes, I bought them. All the needed was to glue the exhaust on and replace the lumpy rear tires.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 312 Posts