SlotForum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
10,325 Posts
Nice rails guys!

Lee, you could clean up those tires on a truing machine, but maybe slower than usual and/or with finer sandpaper. I did that last year on some white silicones that had flat spots.

Don

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very nice, a real piece of art, Lee. I have always appreciated K&B's

but yours looks much better to me. Not sure if a painted driver will improve it, but there is not harm in trying.
Glad you posted that Houses, reminded me that I never finished this one.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Because the K&B is so wide, I personally think they look better with the bigger motors (DC85 & Ram 850) this one will be getting a body to make it a comp altered rather than a rail. I'll get it done soon and post pics.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice rails guys!

Lee, you could clean up those tires on a truing machine, but maybe slower than usual and/or with finer sandpaper. I did that last year on some white silicones that had flat spots.

Don
Cheers Don, I'll do that if I get the chance to run it, for now it's just a shelf queen so will leave as is for now.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Automotive design Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Personal luxury car

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory Rectangle

Car Tire Hood Toy Automotive design

Well, I've had this Polar Lights Batmobile kit in the cupboard for many years . So I thought I would put it together .
For starters , the moulded black body needs some polishing to remove some fine hair like stripes . So I used some mild car polish . It done the job. Then I assembled the body , cut the plastic figures of Batman and Robin and placed them as per instructions .....Was it easy ? No way! But I finally sanded and glued them up.
Then came the chassis , motor placement and wheel placement ...that was easy .. well .....not really , firstly I tested the fit to the body ...noticed the wheel arches are shaped inwards, so I had to adjust the spacers both front and rear . Instead of using the double sided tape , I decided to use Velcro....much easier to adjust chassis to body .
Then I placed the chassis inside the body and that was that .
Next came the stickers ....absolutely horrid set of stickers , kept on falling apart . I used some , but also used auto tape. The original stickers looked good on the sheet , but faded as soon as you placed them in warm water . Anyhow , I done my best with what was at hand . It looks ok , nothing brilliant .......I guess .... " It is what it is "
Final comment ...no wheel rims in the kit .
Zig
Wheel Product Toy Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
there was general disappointment with this kit when it came out a few years ago (10?), mostly concerning the running gear and it's lack of simple engineering, if I remember. Kept me from buying one, although I do have both the static PL and Imai kits. One of these days I'll get to one!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
It's definately not for a novice ! There are many things wrong with it . Example .....if you screw in the motor attachment screws as they are , they will hit the motor bobbins . So you need to either use shorter screws or cut the supplied screws in half. The screw that attaches the crown gear is useless , I changed to a hex grub screw . You need to glue down the rear axle bearings , as they spin . The bonnet bump leans to the left. The tyres need to be glued down as they spin on the wheel . A solution to rectify playing around with spacers , is to supply the correct size , for an easier build, not just have 2 long spacers which need cutting . I could go on , but that's enough to give people an idea of the quality of engineering .
Zig

61 - 68 of 68 Posts