SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would continue beardy56's post from last year, as I enjoyed seeing members latest find's and reading comments!
So to start of this is the first one for me this year.
Please feel free to post your latest investments or long sort after cars or parts here!
This one arrived today, I brought it last year, is a Honda vac formed body on a Tester chassis. Looks in unused condition but the tires have been sanded ,and hard so will have to be changed. One strange thing I noticed is that the front axle is plastic and has free wheeling hub's, not sure if this is standard?
Tire Wheel Plant Toy Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Plant Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Grass

Hood Automotive lighting Amber Motor vehicle Headlamp

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Premium Member
馃檪
This is a car assembled from the kit, with no modifications. The tires are the stock tires and were ground at the factory. I don't have a picture of the Honda kit handy, but this one is of the Mirage, which contains the same basic parts including the Nylon front axle (choice of either a steel or Nylon axle).
There were 3 kits in the series, well explained and detailed in "Slot Car Dreams" which should be your Bible!

Automotive lighting Gadget Audio equipment Font Toy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
馃檪
This is a car assembled from the kit, with no modifications. The tires are the stock tires and were ground at the factory. I don't have a picture of the Honda kit handy, but this one is of the Mirage, which contains the same basic parts including the Nylon front axle (choice of either a steel or Nylon axle).
There were 3 kits in the series, well explained and detailed in "Slot Car Dreams" which should be your Bible!

View attachment 292494
Thanks for the axle confirmation, I put some new tires on it and it runs great!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked this 1/24 Revell up the other day . Not sure if I will be keeping the lights, one of the bulbs doesn't work and the plastic coating the wire is falling off. The tires are ones that I had on hand, to give it a run and I had some bushes so I replaced the standard ones.
Runs great but will be better once I get some decent tires for the back! Body has two cracks in it, a little glue and there hardly noticeable now.
Came with a driver and spanner for the knockoffs so that was a bonus, all in all a nice car , quite happy with it!
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Gas

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Rectangle Road surface Asphalt Flooring Gas

Light Hood Wood Bumper Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light Motor vehicle

Registered
Yes Don the champion "amt special" 69c.
I presume it's a closeout special of inherited stock, although this is a dark grey can ft16 with the rusty stack, as sold by Revell, polks etc. Did amt use this motor? I'm not sure.
Just checked, amt used this motor in the Avanti kit.
Motor vehicle Gadget Gas Bumper Cable

Registered
Turned out to be a fairly early Mura that I'd only seen a couple of times before. Very similar to the early light green Muras but with colour scheme of can & sticker reversed, along with the rotation.
I believe it's slightly later as balancing is using sheet metal drill bit rather than standard drill used on the green motors.
Audio equipment Body jewelry Jewellery Automotive lighting Metal

Musical instrument Idiophone Wood Font Metal

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Gas

Administrator
Another interesting find Lee - can't remember a red Mura offhand, and had thought it might be a U-Go, but except for the color didn't really look like that either.

I just bought a Champion Ferrari with a 507, so a match race is in our future!

Don

Registered
Joel, I have a couple of those met red over AMT can 26's both without arms so I suspect they are at least a semi production rewind, did Mura use AMT cans? I'm not so sure.
Red over gold 16 is certainly a contender & I seem to remember you having another similar Russkit can motor with Mura sticker but slightly more purple than this?

Slot King
Lee, you have a better memory than me, thanks, I'll check when I am back in the UK.

I just bought a Champion Ferrari with a 507, so a match race is in our future!
Make it a short race, my money is on the 507 endbell melting around lap 12.

Joel

1 - 20 of 79 Posts