SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is seriously up for this?

It is next Summer and situated not far from the Swiss / Italian Border in the Italian lakes area if I am not mistaken.

I began this over at SCI but it seems to have dropped off and I find it hard to push there for obvious reasons so let's do a Slotforum one!

I have pre-registered 'Slotforum.com' , all we need are between 4 and 6 Team members, if more are serious about it we can enter 2 Teams I think. It is simple to meet round my way and go together, I can even arrange transport from Zürich and pick up / drop off at the airport.

Not alot but a map and registration details right now but this is the link..

Verbano 2004

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Me definatly ,probably **** Lord from Preston club and John Lomas from Bolton
Thats one team sorted already

Graham

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Mr Material was up for it and I offered to drive a crew over from here (mad fool). I'd better find a way to de-slot less if I'm to be serious.

Scott

·
Registered
721 Posts
La dolce vita ... I know the area. I would give anything to be there for the race. But if I did I'm afraid I would be there as a single man.

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
One thing - in Italy they are already grousing because the track(s) will still be on the floor - the organizers claim that it's smoother (and I guess cheaper !) this way, and in fact there were a lot of complaints in this respect at Alcorcon and Igualada

But think about corner marshalling for one hour while laying flat on your belly !!

BTW : Slot.it Audis won the Spanish championship BOTH in magnetic (ugh) and non magnetic classes

Beppe

·
Registered
773 Posts
Swiss, add me to the slotforum-team - and we've to compete with Nico then - he made 3rd in Belgium this year - so at least his team-mates know how to drive

If we're driving with more people to Verbano, we might use 2 cars from Zürich - both with lot's of space for a convenient ride to Italy.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...every endurance-race is interesting! And especially international races have a special flair.

And about verbal racing - can't compete there!

Will beat you on the track

...firdt life meeting - in Verbano or Salzburg is for shure then? I hope so!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hi Swiss,

I've just found this post!

I'll check the dates and if I'm not Working I'll be there !

If there is room?

shall we bother with preparation this time?

Cheers

BSN

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shall we bother with preparation?

You NEED to ask ??

A post on the Team/s so far will follow at the end of this week.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
QUOTE But think about corner marshalling for one hour while laying flat on your belly !!

Ahh, gone are the days when I could lie flat on my belly, now my belly would provide a fulcrum for me to balance precariously on.

Wish I could steal the time to take part in one of these big gigs. The green-eyed monster rides again.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I thinks me and 3.9 would be interested...

If I'm allowed by them in doors and it's not before exam season should be ok, and rob can go anywho probably..

Rob.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts