Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
You can find it HERE !.

Thanks to all those I met and who made me feel welcome and I hope I have done the Event justice, if you find an error please let me know via PM or email from my profile.

Enjoy!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Thanks, Swiss! Nice report!

Looks like a well run and wild event! Love the tire debris pics - 32 teams x 9 sets of tires - that's a lot of rubber!!

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
That sounds absolutely amazing, good report.

And this:

QUOTE Apologies to whoever I elbowed in the crotch when getting up from the floor at one point.

Is going in my signature

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, well hopefully it WASN'T the same guy who saw me zooming the camera in on some other guys bum cheeks

MAN! I must learn to look before I take dodgy pics

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow! That was one heck of a report, Swiss!

I wish I could have been there. Thanks for bringing us so close to the action. I told a buddy of mine that this sort of things goes on and his jaw dropped to the floor much like mine did!!

Thanks

-Maltese

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Absolutely first class

I've put up a link on italiaslot , also because no other report appeared in Italy (or Spain, for that matter) - true to form, once the event miraculously took place people happily resumed their customary squabbling

One thing does bother me, though : it's true that in Italy we are accustomed to conflict of interest, but I thought Maurizio was above that ! Who's to assure us that his car wasn't more equal than the others ???

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
The standard in Italy is not phone jacks, but a 3-pole "Magic" plug - which BTW is increasingly difficult to find

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can attest to Xlots 'magic plugs' being difficult to find - over half of the bases there were home made

Xlot - I know Maurizio loves to race and is passionate about slot cars. All cars went through inspection and then to the parc ferme. Just because his Team wins does not mean he cheated? From the General atmosphere and ambience of the event I would say it was on merit his team won, all the cars were the same and all Slot.it, whats to gain from being more equal than others?

I would think it more a case of knowing the car and mechanics to run it well, inside out, that and the fact that one of his drivers is the Italian Champion, another the Spanish Champion even though an Italian and yet another seems as though he has never discovered that slot cars CAN deslot!

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Swiss,
let me hasten to clarify that my comment on Maurizio was meant to be humorous !
Good thing you made me realize that might not be obvious, before he comes back from his US vacation

Still, who ordered those helium filled hollow axles then ??

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am trying my best to get there Nico, wife is in the UK so harder than I thought but...

So I don't need to hide from Walter then?

You and the other Teams will be SOO aware of your expressions and how you hold your controllers now if I am there huh?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Very good report Swiss!!! Nice pics!!!

Thanks for sharing!

At the end of this summer there is a 24h slotrace about 30 kilometers from my hometown... now I'm even more convinced I'm gonna go overthere.

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
4 Posts
He actually did it...;-))))

okay Alan, do me a favour...dont show the picture of this nasty, evil looking guy to my children ;-)
I dont want to destruct their impression of a calm, goodnatured, sensitive, loveworth, always friendly Papa ;-)

But whenever you are in Munich for Oktoberfest, just give me a call.
I will accompany you with my Parma controller and I bet, you will get at least two beers for free ;-) and you will see how fast bavarian waitresses can work ;-)

Nice greetings from bavaria

Walter

PS: I hope to see you in Salzburg, where my children will be there also and I will promise to drive in a more relaxed style ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
very, very very nice report Allan!

thanks a lots.

Guys, join Allan next year in Slotforum Team!

greetings from northern Italy lake.

Alberto

p.s. 3rd Verbano edition: June 18-19 2005

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, congratulations for Alberto Elli and all organizers, the 24h of Verbano its a very good race in a very pretty place.

My team, Racing Slot Alcorcón, not do a very good race (our car was very quick but we have many problems).

Alan, the report its very good, only one point, in the photo http://www.wakefield-jones.net/slotforum/v...o/24hv25sml.jpg you can see Jose Miguel Rodriguez, a racer from Racing Slot Alcorcon. Certainly Alberto and Jose Miguel are similar

Alan, you are invited to know 24 h of Alcorcón this year, i hope see you here in augost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts