SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
As promised here it is:
from the 3rd to the 4th of July, 2004 the first 24h race on a digital track will be held near Salzburg, Austria. It is the first digital race in Austria.
The event is organized by the touristical organization Obertrum am See together with a group of enthusiasts from the Grenzlandslot Cup. The event will be held in the Gewerbeschule in Obertrum am See, in the Gym of this school.

We expect 13 Teams with 4-6 drivers per Team.

Teams from: Austria, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, England have already asked for details. In total we expect around 70 slot enthusiats as drivers.

The track is a 6 lane Polistil track, that has a lane length of 70 meters and it shows the Formula 1 track from Spa in scale 1:100. The digital system that we will race with is the DAVIC system.
This is the same track that the 24h of Eupen, Belgium, race is raced on. There was a recent article in the German slot magazine Car On Line about this track.
This track will be buildt up by our belgian slotfriends here in Salzburg. A BIG THANK YOU FOR THAT IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 24h race is nothing special anymore, but the possibility of racing together with 12 other teams on a 6 lane track is a fascinating experience!!!!!!!

On our homepage you can see the rules and regulations (also in English of coures; we did our best!!!). You can also read the regulations for registration plus you will also find the registration form on this homepage.
There are only 13 teams permitted to participate in this event. It will be first come, first serve!!

More updates and more news to come.

Hope to see you in Salzburg in July,
Nico

Grenzlandslot

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Early July in Salzburg.... I might surprise the wife by proposing a romantic getaway in Austria..... nah, she'll see right through it !!

Beppe

·
John Roche
4,201 Posts
Is anyone interested in forming a team?

I'm not that great a racer so I would be looking for team mates that are into having a bit of a laugh while trying our best.

You can contact me on: [email protected]

John

·
Registered
773 Posts
yess! there will be a slotforum team for shure! At least I'm planning to go to Salzburg - and afaik swiss will come with me. Maybe, Joerg will join in - he's the 3rd guy from Swiss Racebahn Egg and also a registered user here in teh forum - and if there are others from Slotforum interested in this race, we might fill up the team with them - otherwise we'll try to get some racers from Switzerland...

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Nico, thanks for the heads-up email. There is no way I can join you guys but looking at that track, Davic or none, you are surely going to have a ball.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi everybody,
so far NO British Team that wants to participate in the 24h GT Salzburg?????

Guys, you have the cheapest possibility of coming to Salzburg with oneof the low cost airlines that operate from London, Birmingham and Southampton to Salzburg!!!!

Even for the guys that come by car from Munich it is more expensive!!!!!!

Just to water your mouth a little more, here are pictures from the race in Belgium (exactly the same track, same type of cars!!):

starting grid

survived cars:

night race:

really want to miss that track:

really wnat to miss driving like this:

all the exitment:

oops, wrong picture; all the exitement:

Now come on, cann´t miss the Austrian beer.........

Hope to see you in Salzburg,
Nico

http://www.grenzlandslot.com/24h/24h.htm

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
reserve me a place for the Phoenix club mate and I`ll get back to you friday with a definate answer if that`s ok?

·
Registered
232 Posts
@ jonny s,
you got a reserved place so far.
So far means, that if 7 teams come up ´till Friday, get register via our homepage and pay the registration fee, you´re out (I don´t think this will happen!!!!!!!).

So I am looking forward to your registration (see our homepage, 24h GT button).

No more??????

Hope to see ya in Salzburg,
Nico

http://www.grenzlandslot.com

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That Austrian beer looks suspiciously like cans of Red Bull!
Having just got back from holiday in Tenerife, I don't think my family will let me spend more money on staying in Salzburg

Best of luck to anyone and everyone who attends. Should be a superb event!

Mark.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi to all inerested teams,
2 new inscriptions have just taken place for the 24h GT event in Salzburg. There is still room for 5 more teams, but from the emails I recieved I know that there are more than 5 teams out there that want to participate.

So gentleman, please be prepared that we do not have more room than for 13 teams and it is a first come first serve registration!!!!

Writing that you have an interested team is not a registration, so please find out who really wants to come and make your registration!

Thanks in advance,
Nico

24h GT Salzburg, registered teams

·
Registered
715 Posts
What will it take for SOMEONE to post a movie of 10-15 cars zipping around a track and perhaps going through the lane change section. I would love a movie like this!

Whosoever posts such a movie or points me thereto will receive free from me whichever slot car they purchase from me

Any chance on a short movie or link thereto?

-Maltese

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi

there a 2 videos on my site,

one from JCDC already seen here and put on my site with the right from the cameraman show DAVIC préparation and racing and the second coming from the SCX website show SCX racing...

i think the first one was given by nico on this forum, but the one who had done it have a site where you can find some more...

www.miniend.fr.st
see "telechargement" sectaion, then choose "videos"

have fun on my site

1 - 20 of 24 Posts