SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi,
first of all THANK YOU to all participants, helping hands and visitors that made this event such a special one!

My special thank goes to Vanos Motorsport and Yves Welters for the big help they gave to us to make this event possible!!
In total we had more than 500 visitors during those 2 days and I think the hall and the infrastructure there were just perfect!

The result:
1. Vanos Motorsport 3417 laps
2. Top Speed Racing 3283 laps
3. Grenzlandslot 3132 laps

4. MCR 3115 laps
5. SRC Pöring 3094 laps
6. McQueen Bavaria 3058 laps
7. Slotdevils Vienna 2634 laps
8. Schmidbauer 2331 laps

The Team from Belgium has shown us again how to drive a slot car properly. It was kind of a demonstration....!!! They deserved the victory, no doubt!!!!!

Well, to talk about TopSpeed is kind of hard for me as I am one of their drivers and I also participated as a driver in this 24h event. But maybe one comment here about our BMW M3: everybody thought before the race that we must be nuts to use this car. But latest at the qualification turns everybody saw that this car was set up perfectly by our Team mechanic Walter Hollenburger, who is by the way also our Teamboss. There were stints where we could even keep the pace of the Belgium Team!!!!

3rd place goes to Grenzland Team. About the third place there was a real hard fight. After 22 hours the third place could have gone to MCR Team, Pöring and McQueen Bavaria as well and the race was at that time extremely tight between those Teams. But the Grenzlandteam sticked to its pace and they made absolutely no mistake and drove home their well deserved third place!

The Slotdevils from Vienna have shown a very good race at their first "big" race. The car was running superb at the beginning, but to the end the gear became a little louder than usual.

Team Schmidbauer had a 24h fight with the car and 2 of their drivers left at 6 o´clock in the morning as they finished their last stints........

To describe the track is quite hard for me as it is one of my favorite tracklayouts!! I hope that some of the drivers will do that here in the forum.
The lane changing devices worked perfectly and the Teams lerned to change lanes quickly and that brought the fun to the race....!!

The cars did not cause many problems. The parts that were changed mostly were braids, rear axel and gear. The Cartrix tires were very good and did not wear out too much!!!!

To all that could not make it YOU REALLY MISSED A LOT..!!!!!!!!

Pictures will be available during the next days and I will post either a link here or show them here.

Hopefully a few drivers will also post their impressions here!!!!

Nico

Grenzlandslot

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional info:

The MCR Team had a very very strong race as their car was still taken apart when the race started. With 2 three hours stints of two drivers during night they could catch up with the rest of the Teams.

Der SRC Pöring was very strong in the beginning of the race. But than a few small technical problems threw them back.

McQueen Bavaria was also struck by technical problems during night, but they cought up their pace again and even managed to fight with the other Teams for the third place.

Nico

Grenzlandslot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts