SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Bonjour Yves,

that's quite interesting - I understand there's a series of 5-6 24h races in Europe, all using Davic but each race with different cars (BTW : what's the Rafale on David Laurent's T-shirt?)

Personally, I find it sad that this is in parallel and ignored by the "big" league (Alcorcon, St Celoni, Verbano and Brussels)
My bet is that with the advent of Scalextric Digital - which will make 2 lane/6 car the predominant form of club racing - Davic will find its well deserved role as the system of choice for 4 lane/15 car endurances

In the meantime, couldn't you make a bit of a linguistic effort and share with us how it really is to race with Davic - or at least can we count on Nico to do it after Salzburg ?

Ciao
Beppe

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey,
no problem. As I am one of the organizers it might take a few days after the event.

But I have raced the DAVIC system already in last years 24h Eupen event. And I have posted quite a few impressions on this event here. True, that is a while ago.

So what kind of info are you looking for??

Nico

·
Registered
715 Posts
I can't speak for our good friend XLot, but I know that I want to know "how it feels". Is it wierd changing lanes and coming up behind someone? Are you both going full speed where you overtake when you get too close?

Too many rear-end shunts OR did it feel more realisting than the long, circular drag strips we are used to?

(I feel like a teenage boy again...)

Thanks

Maltese

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Maltese,

turns out you can speak for me - plus I just had a technical question on power source ampacity

On Italiaslot, I just saw a post by a member of our team which came in 4th - after losing 25 minutes at the beginning - these guys are married and did two 24h races on consecutive week-ends !!!

And the Davic system, you will ask?
Saying it's a beauty is not sufficient. Driving a car amid the others, changing lane to overtake or lap a rival. It cannot be described ! All endurance races should be run with Davic. And after trying it, were I to choose between a traditional race and one with Davic, I would have no doubts : DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC (translator's note : latin ebullience)
Before this race, I thought that if I wanted a melee, slipstreaming, outbraking and overtaking I should switch to RC (possibly MiniZs), now that I tried Davic I've changed my mind. Slot racing can be fun this way too
A final consideration :
the Davic system is fun, but I don't know up to which point it might be successful in Italy
After completing one race, having seen what happens on the track and knowing how some of our Top Drivers are, I believe it would be mayhem. In Italy if someone one lap down is being approached by the race leader, people shout "blue flag, blue flag" and heaven forbid if the leader is nerfed - lese majesty
With Davic what I just described is the minimum, just imagine the maximum and the reaction of our Top Drivers. Maybe the majority of Italian drivers, the ultra-competitive ones, would not be suitable for this system - if they took part in a race they would spoil the race for everyone else
Unquote

Need I say more ?
Beppe

·
Registered
232 Posts
"I can't speak for our good friend XLot, but I know that I want to know "how it feels".

It´s the best slot feeling I had in my 5 years slot career since now!!

"Is it wierd changing lanes and coming up behind someone?"

Very wierd, I can tell you. But there was a rule in the race I raced in that said that the slower car may stay in lane and the faster car has to overtake. What a thrill!!!!!!

"Are you both going full speed where you overtake when you get too close?"

Yes, both full speed, also over the lane change, so you change behind someone, take the next lane approach the corner, overtake (preferably on the inner side) and race on till the next lane change and swap over again and you are in front!!

"Too many rear-end shunts OR did it feel more realisting than the long, circular drag strips we are used to?"

Yes, a few rear-end shunts, but they were all given a penalty (the cars that come from behind). They had to do a stop-and-go penalty on one of the outer lanes and that costs time. Changing to the outer lane, stop-and-go and than back to the inner line again.

It did not take long until this stopped immediately!!

Great fun on a race track, I tell you!!!

Nico

·
Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE (Nico @ 29 Jun 2004, 19:52)...Yes, a few rear-end shunts, but they were all given a penalty (the cars that come from behind). They had to do a stop-and-go penalty on one of the outer lanes and that costs time. Changing to the outer lane, stop-and-go and than back to the inner line again.
One question about Davic and Pit-lane:
Imagine a lane dedicated to pit-lane, just like the real one. Should not be very difficult to decrease voltage on this lane to drive slowly. Is this system used on digital races? Perhaps that would be even more realistic than a stop-and-go. Just an idea.

And another about digital 24h races shown on the Neuvic web page:
What does "Madrid (E)" mean? Is there any plan to race digital in Madrid?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi,
no there is a pit lane and on the same part of the track just on the other outer lane there is the stop-and-go penalty area. So you have a pit lane and a seperate stop-and go area.

The idea with a slowed down pit stop area is nice!

Nico

·
Registered
153 Posts
so

we wera thinking about this last night, normaly, it's possible to make a special pitlane with a "tension ecreté" which means that your tension has it's extremities cuted... you understand what i mean ?

so... it's possible to have a slower pitlane!

elicend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts