SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Hey,
no problem. As I am one of the organizers it might take a few days after the event.

But I have raced the DAVIC system already in last years 24h Eupen event. And I have posted quite a few impressions on this event here. True, that is a while ago.

So what kind of info are you looking for??

Nico

· Registered
232 Posts
"I can't speak for our good friend XLot, but I know that I want to know "how it feels".

It´s the best slot feeling I had in my 5 years slot career since now!!

"Is it wierd changing lanes and coming up behind someone?"

Very wierd, I can tell you. But there was a rule in the race I raced in that said that the slower car may stay in lane and the faster car has to overtake. What a thrill!!!!!!

"Are you both going full speed where you overtake when you get too close?"

Yes, both full speed, also over the lane change, so you change behind someone, take the next lane approach the corner, overtake (preferably on the inner side) and race on till the next lane change and swap over again and you are in front!!

"Too many rear-end shunts OR did it feel more realisting than the long, circular drag strips we are used to?"

Yes, a few rear-end shunts, but they were all given a penalty (the cars that come from behind). They had to do a stop-and-go penalty on one of the outer lanes and that costs time. Changing to the outer lane, stop-and-go and than back to the inner line again.

It did not take long until this stopped immediately!!

Great fun on a race track, I tell you!!!

Nico

· Registered
232 Posts
Hi,
no there is a pit lane and on the same part of the track just on the other outer lane there is the stop-and-go penalty area. So you have a pit lane and a seperate stop-and go area.

The idea with a slowed down pit stop area is nice!

Nico

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.