SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
Bonjour Yves,

that's quite interesting - I understand there's a series of 5-6 24h races in Europe, all using Davic but each race with different cars (BTW : what's the Rafale on David Laurent's T-shirt?)

Personally, I find it sad that this is in parallel and ignored by the "big" league (Alcorcon, St Celoni, Verbano and Brussels)
My bet is that with the advent of Scalextric Digital - which will make 2 lane/6 car the predominant form of club racing - Davic will find its well deserved role as the system of choice for 4 lane/15 car endurances

In the meantime, couldn't you make a bit of a linguistic effort and share with us how it really is to race with Davic - or at least can we count on Nico to do it after Salzburg ?

Ciao
Beppe

· Beppe Giannini
1,698 Posts
Maltese,

turns out you can speak for me - plus I just had a technical question on power source ampacity

On Italiaslot, I just saw a post by a member of our team which came in 4th - after losing 25 minutes at the beginning - these guys are married and did two 24h races on consecutive week-ends !!!

And the Davic system, you will ask?
Saying it's a beauty is not sufficient. Driving a car amid the others, changing lane to overtake or lap a rival. It cannot be described ! All endurance races should be run with Davic. And after trying it, were I to choose between a traditional race and one with Davic, I would have no doubts : DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC-DAVIC (translator's note : latin ebullience)
Before this race, I thought that if I wanted a melee, slipstreaming, outbraking and overtaking I should switch to RC (possibly MiniZs), now that I tried Davic I've changed my mind. Slot racing can be fun this way too
A final consideration :
the Davic system is fun, but I don't know up to which point it might be successful in Italy
After completing one race, having seen what happens on the track and knowing how some of our Top Drivers are, I believe it would be mayhem. In Italy if someone one lap down is being approached by the race leader, people shout "blue flag, blue flag" and heaven forbid if the leader is nerfed - lese majesty
With Davic what I just described is the minimum, just imagine the maximum and the reaction of our Top Drivers. Maybe the majority of Italian drivers, the ultra-competitive ones, would not be suitable for this system - if they took part in a race they would spoil the race for everyone else
Unquote

Need I say more ?
Beppe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.