SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Coop - cant imagine it is the car with the numberplate of 250GTO - as that belogs to Nick Mason of pink floyd - but then again if it was .....

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting as I seem to recall seeing the 250 GTO plate on a silver car a few years back which made me wonder if it was the real plate for that car. Car in Brum might have been Nick Mason's though, a couple of years ago I was at the Museum of Transport in Coventry and they had a Maserati 250F which was on load from an "anonymous" collection which was of course Mason's car so obviously amenable to displaying his collection.

(The 250F had an unshielded prop shaft with massive UJ running between your legs with your left leg over to the clutch and right leg the other side for the other two - really doesn't bear thinking about...)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Guys,

Nick Mason does show his cars quite often, and he races them !!.

Bear in mind that one can put whatever plate one likes on a car in a show !!.

The car sold in the article quite clearly has the number 96 DC 23.

vbr Chris A.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Guys
nick masons car is indeed 250 gto and I have picures of it dating from the early 8os at silverstone so I think the number plate is cosher to that car
would be surprised if he needed to sell it
We had a display of ferraris down at haynes last year and nick provided about half of them including f 40s, f 50s and a gorgeous 312 t fi car

cheers tony

·
Kitbasher
4,280 Posts
Damn those Ebay snipers, I wanted that one.... pipped again!

I wonder what the 'buy it now' would have been?

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Talking of Nick Mason - I still have vivid memories of Le Mans 2003 - and the classic race on the saturday morning - he has entered a 512S - and it was leading whne down the back straight - flat out mind you - the motor blew, and I can remember the comentator saying that it could only go back to Ferrari for repair and he was in for at least 100k sterling - the ligier went on to win...

That whats nice about Nick - he does race his cars as well as collect them

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE That whats nice about Nick - he does race his cars as well as collect them

This is the reason why I always feel slightly guilty about the fact that I've never been able to stand Pink Floyd!

Coop

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Apparently the $0.2 mill was for the air in the tyres!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Coop,

that may be because you are way too young to appreciate the socio-economic relevance at the time "Dark Side of the Moon" was created !!??.

vbr Chris A.

ps: Its all dark ??.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts