SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Almost agree with you there squeezy, my personal favourite is the No.5 Le Mans 1970 car. I also think the 512 Coda Lungas are the best Fly have done in the looks department.

Great looking photo of the three together, very lifelike, a bit like my drive at home except mine is a bit shorter, tarmacked and substitute three 512's for a Golf a Punto and pushbike.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
The 512s 'shorttail' versions are the very best classic cars out of the box. My old Fly C4 beats all classic necomers including the Scalex GT40. Great acceleration and control and the 'screaming' brakes/gears are a hoot. A really calm and stately drive with plenty of oomph when you need it.

Unfortunately, I really feel ill looking at the Coda Lunga extended versions. They remind me of upturned jelly moulds and flattened enemas

Don't you find that they slide too much, have too much rear-end overhang, have daft rear wings that are fixed on like a kid designed them and stuck them on with plasticine, and that the rear axles slop about like a drunk on a weekend binge session? What's more is that they all look the same with different numbers on...what's the point of making so many of them?!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
You're not forced to buy them all ! At least, the guys who want all of them can get the whole set which is nice, especially since it is Le Mans 1970, probably the most mythical race up to now.

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Excellent pictures! One of my favourite cars too, which only makes it more galling that Fly couldn't be..er..bottomed to put the correct noses on! The No.5 (Ickx) car is correct, as are the Filipinetti, NART and the yellow No.12 cars. HOWEVER, the other works cars, Nos 6, 7 and 8, all ran with the later nose, with no winglets and a different profile. A bit of a disappointment, that, considering how good Fly 512s look.

(Jeez, this weather is much too hot for this anorak...)

Mooster

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree. I have several of these myself and we really like the way they drive. I tuned a few of them for non magnet racing and liked them even better.

And great pics too...you always seem to take some great shots.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I tend to agree with you all about their driveability. Great cars and with very little work, they go great. Certainly less of a challenge than the 917k.
.. and much easier to jag a good FLY shot without too much effort.
Took these at sunset. Had a bloke wanting some FLY Ferrari desktops.

I dont suppose anyone you could plonk a few links to some Ferrari 512 1:1 shots to compare these to. I dont think I've ever seen them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Great pics from Squeezy as usual.
Just a pity that poor old number 8 did not have its lower wishbone bushings renewed before posing splay-footed for the camera, most obvious in the top shot!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE I dont suppose anyone you could plonk a few links to some Ferrari 512 1:1 shots to compare these to. I dont think I've ever seen them

Buy Le Mans on DVD, play and hit the pause button! But then you don't hear the great Michel Legrand soundtrack.

No problem - play-pause-rewind-play-pause-rewind-play.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts