SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
redstar
1,575 Posts
Hi,

Here are 3 different yet similar sulkies. I think the GéGé from France was the 1st, then the Estrela from Brazil, and then the Paramount from Hong Kong, but who knows...,

All 3 have the arms of the driver move up & down and the horse's legs go back & forth. The GéGé is the one with the # 8 on the horse. Ot has belt drive and a long metal rear guide pin in back. The estrela is the one with the swivel guide,and is gear driven on the right. The last is the Paramount which is gear driven on the left. The Estrela is very rare,the other 2 are not rare.

enjoy,
Bernard

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Thanks Bernard - I never realized they were so similar!

In a way, the GéGé is the nicest of the several done here, but it's probably the one by Circuit-24 that is considered the most valuable. It was under a different brand name, which escapes me for now - do you have that one?

We were just talking about refining our tastes as a collection develops, and this is a good example for me: in the beginning I was very fascinated by all these odd variations, but over the years I realized I didn't want to bet on the horses...

Don

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Bernard, they are just delightful!

As a new chum to slot-dom (I don't count the earlier efforts at trying to steal time on my brothers' Minic Motorways track as a child) I find the early history and knowledge that you lads have available to share quite fascinating. These are extra special for me because my eldest brother used to breed, train and drive harness racers.

Thank you
Embs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts