SlotForum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Already done. took them on thursday with the supply of race tyres for all the teams!
As I said we have a great car for mhsc!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
well done to my team- Roland and Matt-1947 laps.
Second place Viking1-1834, third place West london-1829,forth WAtford 2-1819 ,fifth oxford 1731 and viking 2 1676

·
Registered
265 Posts
A good day was had by all at the West London 6 hour enduro today, the competition was fierce but there was a good friendly atmosphere and plenty of banter. There was a problem with the white lane mid way through the race which cost three teams some time, this was finally traced to a transformer that was overloading and tripping out. Once this was changed the race ran without any more problems.
Well done to Watford on their win.
The full results were as follows :

Watford 1 1943
Viking 1 1834
West London 1829
Watford 2 1819
Oxford 1731
Viking 2 1676

Hopefully one of the other participating clubs will be keen to run another similar event soon.

Final mention to Frank and Eddie who kept everyone fed and watered throughout the day.

Nightrider

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thanks to West London for hosting event
and to Eddie and Frank for keeping us fueled up

Thanks to the others for turning up on the day to compete. Hope the new Vikings enjoyed it,
Alan had baptism of fire in his first away meeting as well, he hopes to do Champions league next

I'll Second the call for another 6hr enduro, sooner rather than later

John

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
When this was suggested I hoped that it would take of, it WAS meant to be run as a mini series following the champions league format but with individually supplied cars, it appears to have develope into a non club format, no problem if thats what you want, see I told you it would be alright without me, some would say even better.
Glad it was a good day, well done to MHSC2 unfortunatley Paul had to leave before even turning a wheel in anger, work emergency, (hope the scaffold fall wasnt to bad and that nobody was hurt), so Pete and Doug did a stella job of upholding the clubs name.
I am happy ALL the newbies had a good day (maybe we should have introduced Selsdon this way), and well done for seeing it through its a shame that Vikings sixth driver was unable to come I think he would have had a good day by the sound of it.
Cheerful
Zen

PS I am sure Nic would like to put on a 6 hr remembering the first round of the next champions league is at Viking in September it would only be a fortnight away anyone up for it email/phone Nic

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
QUOTE remembering the first round of the next champions league is at Viking in September

Was anyone planning on announcing this properly? I am presuming that at some point you were going to let clubs know that the series is going ahead and not keeping it to yourselves?

ABBO

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Hi Guys,

I thought that it was time to ask if you and your clubs wanted to be involved in the next series?.

As you all know Marc has had to withdraw as the scorer but Paul Bizzell has agreed to take over so thanks to both of them,

Unfortunately Selsdon appear not to want to continue in the series so we will not have the same amount of monies next year, but I think we can continue at the same costs to the clubs, so I propose the charges remain the same that is £25:00 from each club as a prize fund and £3:00 extra per person over normal night costs for the club.

Keith if your club is happy would you like to arrange a date in September for the first round.

Regards

Ken

Yes we want to be involved in the next series. The costs are ok with us.

I will speak to our members & arrange a suitable date in September & let you know.

Regards
Keith

Oxford (Wayne and myself) will want to enter series 5

Looks like Champions League 6hr endurance is not going to happen ?
Theres a thread on slotforum regarding both possible 24hr and 6hr enduro's next year
If all club reps could ask their members if they would like to compete either as a club or as a combined teams in these events next year. If you can forward onto me and I start a list of willing competitors

Thanks in advance

Hi Ken Yes West London will be taking part again, costs are fine. Russell

Ken

Eastcote will be happy to continue in the Champions League next year

Yes - Burnt Oak would love to take part in season 5
However, I think it will be Alan who will be co-ordinating our entry list etc

[email protected]

Marc

We have available Sunday Sept 18th as first choice or the 25th as back up, let me know if any events clash
cheers
Keith

OOPS
sorry thought I had covered this situation, though I had contacted everyone on the committee, and had responces from them all, I hope they all used the respond all to the emails

Zen

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great to see Champs. League back for another year.

Dates though are not good for me.
First weekend I will be at Castle Combe helping with their rally day.
25th is Farnham Slotrally where John and I are both entered.
Looking forward to the other events though.

Wayne

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
Guys

The info on this thread seems to have died a death.

Are we in fact still doing the 18th?
What cars are being used?
What times?
Who's in charge of publicity?

It would be nice to know so that I can make sure I'm not working
Viking is a good track and I don't want to miss it!

ABBO

21 - 30 of 30 Posts