SlotForum banner
2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  beardy56 
#1 ·
I currently have a couple of 3D printable chassis available to down load from Cults.

There is a fully adjustable chassis but the file is in 3MF format so you would need a suitable program, on Windows you can use 3D builder and some other CAD programs can load the file. this file is free

There is also a stl file for a chassis to fit the Airfix Beetle body in 1/32nd scale and this includes the running boards. This chassis is 3.62 eu to download.

Click the following link....

The 3D models of beardy56 ・ Cults (cults3d.com)

Thanks

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Cura will load 3mf files but not very well. The chassis was designed in Windows 3D builder which uses 3mf as it's default. I think Solidworks but you have to buy it, also MeshMagic will load the files and it's free but I haven't tried it.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Yes, if you read my topic here on the chassis it will show what needs to be removed, the pins need subtracting to leave screw holes. If not changing the motor brackets then the tops and bearing cylinders need deleting else delete the separate brackets and follow the instructions in the thread. The two bars running through the chassis can also be deleted if not required for body mounting, useful for vac bodies.
Basically everything in red, apart from the loose rear bearing brackets, and orange need removing by subtraction. The red parts of the motor brackets and the rear axle bearing straps on the chassis, apart from the pins, can be deleted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.