SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to design a series of buildings for 3Dprinting based on the old scalextric buildings. I only have access to one though, the entrance building. I have made a 3D model of that, see picture below. If anyone has some of the scalextric buildings from the 60's and would be willing to help me with some photos and dimensions please drop me a message. Also if anyone with a 3D printer would like to test out the entrance building drop me a message. It is made up from several flat sections to keep printing fairly simple.
Building Product Slope Rectangle House

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, I just realised that the 3D pdf I attached will not open in all pdf viewers, it works in acrobat.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Nice project! Would be great if you could design something like the iconic buildings(Mayson Blanche, Spa Drivers Club, etc), I think your idea of just printing flat surfaces would save lots of time. 👍

·
Greg Gaub
14,964 Posts
Also if anyone with a 3D printer would like to test out the entrance building drop me a message. It is made up from several flat sections to keep printing fairly simple.
I wouldn't mind giving that a try. I would also suggest that it would be no big deal if you uploaded it to thingiverse or some other 3d printing file sharing site(s). It's not as if these are still in production.

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
I wouldn't mind giving that a try. I would also suggest that it would be no big deal if you uploaded it to thingiverse or some other 3d printing file sharing site(s). It's not as if these are still in production.
Quite a few of the old Scalextric buildings are also available as laser cut MDF kits so that above is probably true but the odd little change might also be good, just in case.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple of people are printing them now, if it all works OK I'll make them more widely available. Still keen to find anyone who has some scalextric buildings to get some dimensions from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts