SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ASSC in partnership with Pioneer Slot Cars will be holding the 3rd ASSC Mini Le Mans All Day Race Series.

This will be held on 19th November at St. Anges in Windsor.

There are 18 positions available for racers, 6 have already gone.

We will be racing up to 6 teams of 3 racers taking it in turns to Drive, Marshal and Pit Crew.

The details can be found HERE

Please ensure that you register your interest early as we had several people disappointed due to late requests last time. Please note, this is a strictly 18 and over event due to the competitive nature of the event.

Jules from Pioneer has generously donated 4 cars as prizes which will be given to the best team and the best driver. As soon as these arrive I will put photos up.

Please keep an eye on the website as I will update this with information as it comes in and post pictures of the cars when they arrive and as they get repainted by C and C Designs.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (asjwood @ 22 Jul 2011, 14:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad to see my name is already on the list!

Excellent choice of car, but will we be racing without magnets? Having driven a non-magnet Pioneer I think it would add a cool new dimension to the day!
We will be using magnets as without it causes so many problems with missed laps its not worth it.

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Sweet stufF!!!

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Are you happy with the cars we will be racing or the fact there will def be magnets in them?

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 22 Jul 2011, 14:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We will be using magnets as without it causes so many problems with missed laps its not worth it.

That's a fair point I suppose. It seems a shame though as those Pioneer cars look so good hanging their back end out!

Do you still have problems without magnets if you have the power base at the end of a decent length straight and have a couple of R2s or something straight after the power base so you're slowing down as you cross it? I haven't had any trouble with my non-mag cars and APB with that kind of setup. I thought to be honest the powerbase at the last six hour should have been at the end of a longer straight as it missed a couple of laps due to people's over exuberance in the s bend just before it. Just my opinion though, not a criticism of an excellent day.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We will certainly do a little more testing on the Friday night, I think the issue was a serious amoumnt of sideways action across the line so it might be worth having a series of R1 just after the PB at the end of a straight section as you suggest unless anyone has a better suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I would have thought more straights prior to the powerbase would be more important but that's with an APB so I'm not sure if it's quite the same with the PB-Pro. More testing the night before would be sensible, but to be honest I don't think it was a huge problem last time, but even small improvements are valuable!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, here we go.

These four stunning cars will be provided by Jules at Pioneer Slot Cars as the prizes for the best driver of the day and the best team of the day.

This means you could possibly win 2 of these beauties

Of course you can only win one of these if you race.

We still have places available so if you want to race please email me.

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (asjwood @ 5 Aug 2011, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They look very tasty!

My first Pioneer arrived today and I have to say I am already deeply impressed with the quality and performance.

This should be a great event!
What did you get, not trying to practice are you ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nothing in the rules says you can't practice, in fact you would be a fool not to!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I fell in love with Pioneer cars at the Gaydon event when I purchased my first Pioneer car - Ace of Spades. The other day Lady Luck arrived
as it was well cheap at £27.50.

I thought Pioneer were simply providing the cars as the prizes - didn't realise we will be racing Pioneer cars too???

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We will be racing up to 6 Pioneer Mustang Notchbacks, these are amazing handling cars.

Jules is shipping the new improved chassis with running gear etc, I will then upgrade the rear tyres to WASP tyres.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I read this thread and thought hmmmm! maybe it would be fun. Not that i'm a fan of running with mags in or on plastic track
£12 entry fee though seems a bit steep. That's if you register before hand. £18 on the day! 18 racers @ £12 each. Why so much? Do you have high rental issue at your club premisses?
Perhaps if the entry fee was lower you might get more racers signed up.
I recently entered the Pinewood Pioneer TA day, that was £5 and the 12 hour endurance at Bolwextric earlier in the year was only £30 for a team of up to 4.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.