SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The next race night is round 3 of 5 in our Formula One championship. Dave and Adam won the first two rounds and sit first and second in the F1 championship.

With three rounds to go, the title could be anybody's. Dave, Adam and Andy have pulled out a bit of a lead, but the chasing pack contain some rapidly improving drivers like Kevin, Andrew and Rick who could put themselves into contention with three strong results. And John has to be the dark horse after some superb national F1 results, but missing our last F1 club round.

In the Junior competition, Will holds a 65 point lead over Cameron, with the next seven racers separated by just 100 points. Again there are some rapidly improving junior racers who I suspect will be in the hunt for the title by the last round in December.

Of the two classes, Formula One has the most 'owner-drivers' - with nine racers having raced their own cars in rounds one or two. Below is a picture of Ashley's car.

Although most would say that racing your own car gives an advantage, the club cars are still good - Adam winning with a club car last time out. We have three race-ready Tyco F1s in the club shop if you would like to buy your own. They are a silver 'Petronas' car, a light blue 'STP' car and a yellow 'Pennzoil' car.

Formula One is our 'stock' class - cars must be raced with standard parts only. Club cars are Tyco 440x2 F1s with silicone tyres. If you would like to bring your own car, you can race a Tyco or a Tomy Racing Turbo with silicone rear tyres. Other cars must be raced with standard rubber tyres. Read the rules here.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts

The school holidays and the knock-on of regional travel chaos saw a lower turn-out than usual - 12 racers and 4 spectators.

Like always, it was serious racing with Dave taking a second F1 win and Will a second junior medal in a row.

A full race report, video and updated championship tables to follow.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Shame we missed this. We did leave yesterday with the intention of coming, but got held up for well over an hour in a traffic jam between Lewes and Brighton so had to abort. No idea what the hold up was caused by.

Ended up having to take Hannah shopping in Toys R Us, so as not to waste a journey. Made for an expensive evening with no racing

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
We missed you! I think you both would have been well in the mix for the medals last night.

It was travel chaos all round last night. It took me 2 hours to get over from Brighton after the railway system had completely collapsed due to an inch of rain at Haywards Heath. Apparently the A27 was blocked by floodwater near Lewes - so that might have been your hold-up.

Will we see you on 1 September for some 'mod' class action?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, another excellent evenings racing, although the numbers of drivers were down on previous meetings it was good to see some new faces. Lets hope you guys enjoyed the racing and will make a return visit on the 1st September.
Don't forget we will be racing a different type of car next time, so a bit different from the F1 cars.

The racing was very fast with a good track lay out, the best one so far IMHO. Long straights and a couple of tight corners that ensured the marshals were kept busy. And yes Dave I did see your arm out stretched waiting for the arrival of my car on that corner ready to pick it up and place it back on the track. That really installed confidence in my driving ability.

It was good to see Robin our Race Controller for the evening given time out to race in the heats thanks to Andy stepping up to run the odd heat.
Robin was seen to be putting in some good lap times but team orders advised him that there were faster cars out there, and you know what that means.

All in all another good fun evening, roll on the 1st September.
Andy, I like your choice of car, shown on next months posters, I will have my one ready for that meeting.

Yours in racing
John F

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys
After much ado about nothing I have actually been accepted on this Forum.The racing was competitive as always on Wednesdayand the in waiting Rookie of the year John F was not as consistent as normal, thats the only way I won.I think some praise should be given to Robin and Andy for there consistently good organisation and general support to all who attend. Unfortunately there wasn't too many this month,but I am sure we will be back to regular numbers next month.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's good to see more Worthing HO racers on SlotForum

August is bound to be a bit low on numbers - a good sign for the tourism industry though.

The racing was pretty fierce nonetheless - particularly for the top three places. Both Dave and Will seem to have got the winning knack for the medals and their consistency is paying off for the championships too. With Dave on holiday in September, it might give others a look-in for the mod and rookie champs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hello All

Please find below the race report.

With the school holidays in progress and racers on there holiday's Who Racing saw its lowest attendance of 12 racers taking part for August's F1 event. Even though numbers were down the racing spirit wasn't as everyone enjoyed another night of slot car racing at the Barn.

HEAT 1:

First race of the night and it was Dave who took the win with Andy in hot pursuit with his Tomy Turbo. Straight into race two and Clive stormed off the start line in yellow lane with fantastic pace but it was short lived as he came off at the third corner putting him to the back of the pack for the rest of the race. Race three and it was Jonah who set a very fast lap time of 4.90 seconds and came in third place when the clock stopped. Race four and it was Dave that de-slotted a few times that pushed him into last place but Clive had new found rhythm of the track and came in joint second with Jonah on 28.10 laps.

HEAT 2:

Tyler took the early lead in red lane during race one but it was Will that passed him by and took the first win. Race two and young Alex was a little late of the start line but still managed to come in second place. In the third race John put in a nice 31.30 laps with his Tyco F1 that just seems to get quicker and quicker. Fourth and final race of the heat two and yellow lane came off the track for a bit of gear alignment checking whilst Alex's car in red lanes buzzed round noisily to take the win.

HEAT 3:

Seeing as there were only 11 racers attending the option was given to race controller Robin to join in the fun to round out the numbers to four racers for heat three. Race one and it was Robin that took the win followed by James in second. Race two and James pushed his way to the front this time to take the win. Race three and Harry put in a nice 29.55 on red lane with Mark just behind him. Race four rounded out the heats of the evening as Harry fell back to fourth, Robin and James fought closely over 3rd and 2nd place but it was Mark that took the win with a comfortable 29.25 laps.

FINALS:

The C Final saw some dubious edging forward before the lights went green, racers were very keen to start! During the race Clive in blue lane took a dive off the table near the driver's rostrum which hindered him severely. The Coombes brothers kept the pressure on one another but it was Tyler that took the win on yellow lane with 29.60 laps and setting the fastest lap time to boot.

B Final time and the closest racing was between James and Alex over 3rd and 4th place. James took 3rd from Alex but just five track parts whilst Robin set the fastest lap time of 5.03 seconds on yellow lane. But the fastest lap time wasn't enough as it was Will's consistently good racing that put him in the winners circle as he took 1st place.

The A Final was filled by the Adult racers, all looking to gain some extra points towards the championship. Andy's car had plenty of speed in the straights but took a couple of unfortunate spins off the track in the corners. John kept the pressure on Andy during the rest of the race whilst Dave moved out in front. Mark dropped off the pace towards the end of the final leaving John to take third, Andy in second and Dave with his 1st place win.

Who Racings junior finalist was Will Baker who earned himself another winners medal for his efforts. He is top of the junior championship and in a health position in all the overall championships.

The adult medal went to a very happy Dave Pritchard who still remains to be one of Who Racings fastest and competitive racers. Can anyone stop him from building a trophy cabinet by December?

Thank you as always to everyone that attended and we look forward to seeing you all on the 1st September for Mod Class.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts