SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve managed to get hold of a full box of 20 (brand new old stock) X319 45 degree inner radius curves for my Champion/Jouef layout.
These curves are nearly impossible to find now , so I`ve been dead lucky to get a full box of them.
They are a more gentle curve than the common X 320 90 degree inner, & make your layout look a lot better.
I`ve now made the layout into 4 lanes...pity I`ve got no mates to play with....

Cheers
Kev.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Looks great Kev, got any pics of the overall layout?

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah Marlon...me camera is rubbish.
The computer I`m sitting on now is next to the layout, & as soon as I can "spill" a cup of coffee down the back of it I`ll use that space to expand the layout further!

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cjent...it keeps me busy during the winter whilst my Scaley layout is in hibernation.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Looks fantastic Kev. The four lanes have really transformed it and once you've completed the extension...Jouef heaven awaits

Dave

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Kev the layout looks really good as a four laner, you must be pleased

Have you tried an ad in a lonely hearts column to solve your lack of fellow enthusiasts?

"Lonely handsome and cheeky man seeks companionship (possibly more) and fellow racer of toy cars to join him on his new bigger and improved "longer" straight section. Would consider more than a friendship if companion was prepared to kiss my Jouef"

Pete

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts

But seriously Kev. Such a gorgeous little old school track. There's a beauty in the toy and the childlike innocence of those cars. And you the lucky custodian.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi my m8 your layout blew me away when i saw it last night, you need to see it to believe it, can't wait to get down and dirty on it. youve one pal here and waiting to be invited, need another two now.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here`s a couple of pics of four gold plated Ferrari F1 cars.
They look nice on the track.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Just out of interest I photograhed Jouefs last 4 F1 releases. Pretty rare to see them all together.
Cheers.
Kev.

Ligier JS 5. Ferrari 312. Ligier JS11 (Jouefs last ever new design). Renault F1.

·
Joel LeNoir
952 Posts
Great stuff Kev. I always enjoy your Jouef installments. Just wondering..... How are they scale wise? I mean are they true scale? That and was wondering if any are more close to 1/43.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Thanks Slotter.
The 1960s & early 1970s cars were pretty much all 1/40scale. You can tell the size differential compared to 1/43 when you stand them next to (1/43) diecasts of that period.
A few of the late 1970s releases tend to be a bit larger than 1/40 (the Ferrari, Ligier JS11 & Renault are examples of this).
Scale wise I would say this Alpine 1600 from 1974 was the most accurate model they produced.

Cheers
Kev

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You`d be most welcome FZ!
Here`s four silver cars for you FZ.
The No54 car is a really rare silver Ferrari.
Cheers,
Kev.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts