SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning a 4 lane track at the moment.

I only need to purchase the Multilane Ext. (C8241), or do i
Why cant i just use 2 x Power & Control (C8217)? What exactly does the Multilane Ext. do?

Morten

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I think the multilane only helps by keeping all power on one side of the track at the same place. If that's not an issue then I don't think you need the multilane.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think you will find the reason you have to purchase the multilane is so that you don't have the powerbase in the middle of your 4 lane track!
If you put the powerbases on the outsde of each lane( one on the outside of the 4 lanes and one on the inside of the 4 lanes) you will have the cars running in diffrent directions.Scalextric does not allow you to change the direction the cars run,the only way to do this is to turn the power bases around.So umless you are a wiz with the soldering iron,I'd take the easy way out and buy the multilane connector.

Darren

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (McLaren @ 24 Aug 2004, 15:40)Err... you just have to flick the direction switch over...

Then they run the other way.

McLaren
There is no direction (polarity) switch on scaley sport powerbases.

The obvious options are either:

1) Buy the multilane extension powerbase

2) Remove and rewire an existing std powerbase so that you can run wires under the track and still have both powerbases on the same side

Another option which I have seen used is to split the lanes for part of the track so there's a gap between lanes 1/2 and 3/4 big enough to put the second powerbase between the two lanes...............may be a bit 'heath robinson' but can suit some track layouts (perhaps at the expense of some realism)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Oh, sorry... Mine has a polarity switch, and is made by Scalextric, so I assumed it was what you were talking about, obviously not!

mclaren

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've got two Sport power bases , no polarity switch on either - just the switch to say if you are using two power supplys - so the question is , what is this
power base you talk of ?

Is it a sport or classic one ?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Mine has (had) brakes which can be turned off.

I'd go and have a look but I sold it pretty soon after I bought it...

McLaren

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you use two multilane powerbases you can switch the direction of the plugs to reverse the directions of the lanes. You could add a DPDT switch to each lane if you wished.

Rand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts