SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the forum and relatively new to SDD. Planning a four lane circuit for digital only that may be part Scaly track (for the straights and lane changers) and part copper tape constructed (I dont have a router and might try jigsawing some 3-4mm board spacing the cuts and bracing) for the bendy hill climb.

I have read about 4 lane timing using the APB and a canibalised Lap counter and wondered if there are any dedicated guides on how to do this showing what wires go where? My lap counter only has the single board (IR sensor?). I presume this all works with the latest firmware for the APB that uses the car IDs for tracking?

Any help/advice welcomed.
Steve

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i think i am right in saying that the latest firmware for c7042(apb) V1.06 uses only one of the sensers in each lane for car id and lapcounting,perhaps Rikorocket or awallace could confirm though.????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Ade, I have read a few threads that suggest that but can't seem to find a definitive wiring guide and test results. I need to know how to power the extra rails with the APB and use those extra two sensors. I am soon sending off my PLG to get it modded to PitPro and hope it all comes together and then just works.

I have some electronics background but only very basic kits and a home alarm kit when I was 15.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
yep - the latest firmware only uses the ID sensor for timing when in digital mode. In analog mode it uses the blade sensor, although in analog mode, you can only have 2 lanes in any case. Just connect the ID sensors up in parallel with the others. Should work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts