SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have far to many cars so have decided to let some go.
I am not a collector, I just race them, so no shelf collectables, although many come with boxes and little running.

Many of the cars are upgraded, motors, wheels/tyres, guide shoes etc;
ALSO a few of my scratch builds are going. Built to CSCRA rules,

RTR cars by NS,SLot-It, Ninco, Auto Art, SCX, Avant, Revell, MRRC, Scalex, Cartrix, MSC, Tomasek.

Cars include C type Auto Union, Triumph TR4, Mini Cooper, Mosler, GT40, Ferrari 250GT, Porche 908, C type jag, Lola, McLaren GT - F1 Ferrari Cooper Eagle Lotus Vanwall Maserati March Lania Ferrari

send me a message with your email address and I will forward a complete list. Photo's available if interested

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
A couple thoughts:

1) 40 cars is a bit much for a "swap shop" add, you should seriously consider using
the new ToyCollector option (if you contact Doug, there is a feature available
for entering larger lists such as this)

2) there's not much point in a thread full of "PM sent's" (which is why we suggest
PM's in the first place, to prevent a thread full of offers and negotiations)...how
about if you just send the PM? (It's not like he won't notice...)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for comments John. So far, no problem, loads of PMs with email adresses, and lists sent, plus pics when requested.. Result = cars selling.
I agree its not neccersery to put a message here saying PM sent as it automatically comes up on my messages.
Don't know anything about other site you mention so maybe buyers wont know of it either.

Mike

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
or you could do what others do .......... and that is to sell them in smaller batches

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Or I could do what I am HAPPY doing now which seems to be working as there are loads of enquiries and plenty of sales. Simples!!
Mike

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
...... I have seen Mike's list and I am certain that it is not a rip-off. A lot people often post a PM message on a thread so that it alerts the OP to the fact that they have a response. Sometimes you have to act very quickly to get the items you require ..... I was unlucky with mine

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
QUOTE (beardy56 @ 17 Aug 2012, 12:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe i'm thinking to simple here but if you list on toycollector.com could'nt you just tell people in your post or just put a link
then they know to look on toycollector. Ok they might find someone elses listing but at least they will be looking.

Thanks, Keith, for having an open mind and a useful suggestion.

QUOTE (mikewell)Or I could do what I am HAPPY doing now which seems to be working as there are loads of enquiries and plenty of sales. Simples!!
Mike

Yes, as I said before, 40 sales is a bit much for the Swap Shop concept. The ToyCollector option has been brought to SlotForum as a
way to deal with larger sales volumes, and could be a very nice option if people would slowly, gently ease into using it. Something to think about.

John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts