SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help understanding what I've got and what it might be worth. I've never been a collector, but noticed slot cars on Ebay the other day...many which look like mine. See this link for 26 pics of my cars and "stuff":

http://groups.msn.com/RichAmieHoover/slotc...uff.msnw?Page=1

Most of what I've got I received over 20 years ago from my sister...she used to work at a factory that made some of the AFX Aurora cars and track. I would get a few cars every couple weeks from her. Some of the cars in the pics I picked up at yard sales so I could have more to play with. I've never checked the value of this "collection" if that's what you'd like to call it. I've only used what I've got for enjoyment, mostly in my youth. Determining what I have is my first step. I haven't decided if I should now pursue this "collection" as a hobby, or sell it to someone who would appreciate it's value. If anyone would like better pics or descriptions of anything you see, please email me and I'll be glad to provide more information in return for your kind assistance. Thanks. -Rich

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
That's quite a nice collection, some of them are such as I have seen quite little of.
Some of them are such that I would like to "re-have", not money-wise, but memory-wise. (Like the white/silver/red/blue Camaro, one of my very first "real" cars...)

If you want to get rid of them to the community, make a thread here (if it's allowed?!), else just send them up at eBay and get what the collecting community see them being worth (a few are probably worth quite alot!).

Personally I would love to get my hands on:
McLaren Orange #54
Ferrari Yellow #15
Silver Hood Camaro
And a few MT-chassies...

/Erik

·
Registered
349 Posts
Rich,

Welcome to Slot Forum.

I used to be into HO before getting into 1:32.

I took a quick look at your pics and really what you have is a collection of readilly available mid to late vintage AFX.

On average a mint AFX Magnatraction chasis is worth about $10 US.

A common body and new chasis combo is worth around $20 US.

A couple of yours are slightly more desirable, and could push into the $30's. The red blue and white 'Petty' 43 might be the most valuable of the lot.

Anyhting that is less than mint, chipped, missing wings etc are basically parts bin specials $5-10 bepending on condition.

Hope this helps.

Here's a link to a source of HO links...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hoslotcars/links/links_all.htm

All the HO info you'll ever need!!!

Ken R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts