Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
Hi guys,

As the calender is starting to get booked we have picked the dates for next year meeting. July 22nd 2012.

As before we will be running 1:32 and 1:24 scale cars on the 2 tracks following the same format as previous years. The class will again be pre '68 Sports and GT cars.

More later.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi John.
Please add me to the list. I enjoyed the last meeting.
I will build a 1/24th car this year so that I don't need to borrow yours.

·
Kitbasher
4,245 Posts
John, I will do my very best to attend the next one in 2012!

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Gentlemen,
Your entries have been noted.
Thankyou.

QUOTE This early date fixing, is getting very early indeed!!
It is Bill but, with Mike at Presto also planning a similar event in March next year, we felt we needed to put a marker down to ensure we kept to our traditional April date.
Looking forward to seeing you all here again next year.
Maybe I'll even finish off the cars I started before this years event.
Cheers.

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your entries, here are the rules:

Wellingborough Scalextric Club
Double Trouble Vintage Slot Car Meeting

Rules and regulations

Pre 1968 Sports/ GT cars

Saturday 21st April: Practice day / Run what you brung racing (Numbers permitting)

Sunday 22nd April: Concours, qualifying and races for Pre 1968 Sports/GT in both 1/32nd and 1/24th scales.

Concours

The Concours d'Elegance score will constitute half the points for each cars overall ranking. Each entrant will be given a small form to list the main characteristics and the history of each car. Cars may be displayed with a photo to prove the authenticity of particular livery. Voting will be by the competitors and points will be given out of 20. The scores for Concours will be displayed after judging. Cars should be presented for concours in the condition they will be raced.

In the event of a tie following the concours and race scores, the concours score will be the decider.

If a car breaks down during the racing it may be replaced as long as the replacement is within the spirit of the meeting. Only the percentage of the race distance completed by the original car will be taken in to consideration, i.e. if the car breaks down half way through the racing 50% of its concours score will be taken in to consideration towards the overall result.

Car Standards

Cars should be constructed from parts available before 1972. The mixing of components from different manufacturers is acceptable.

All cars should be as faithful a representation as possible of a real car. No Thingies, "handling bodies" or the like are allowed.

Please pay particular attention to wheel and tyre sizes so they reflect reality: no O ring fronts or steam roller rears. Ortmann tyres are the "control tyre" and should be used by all competitors. Exception can be made for original equipment rubber tyres. Sponge, NSR and other modern tyres and in particular SILICONE tyres are not allowed. Tyres should be dry when placed on the track.

Repro chassis and bodies are acceptable provided they are virtually identical to the original. Scratchbuilt and recently manufactured bodies (e.g. Betta Classic fibreglass bodies) may be used provided they reflect the spirit of the meeting. No commercially produced resin bodies. Scratch built cars may also be used as long as they use pre-1972 techniques and materials. Anglewinder chassis are not permitted and we request that you do not use B and C can motors..

Open frame motors may use modern neo magnets as they are cheaply available and not everybody has access to a magnet zapper.

The bottom line is that a car should look right and comply to the spirit of the meeting. If it doesn't, the competitor will be asked to run something else.

Entry fee £7 for one class, £10 for both.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
DSC_1938.JPG

John would this chassis be acceptable with one of the recent Re-pops by Tamiya?
(Tyres already sourced from Michael O at Slotfestival)

Simon

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,651 Posts
John,

Another question: are urethane tires similar to Ortmann allowed? I'm thinking in particular of Paul Gage's tires from Canada (paulgg on ebay I think)?

Cheers,
Don

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey John,

Can I have a provisional entry please? I'm not sure I can make it over at that time, but I'm sure going to try!

Brad "I want another crack at the mega-hot kebab down the street, and I didn't have nearly enough midlands ale last time" Blohm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi John

Please put me down for an entry I fancy another go at vintage racing after such a good time at this years meeting.

Cheers

Rob Davies

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Great

Thanks John,

I've got plenty of time to build it and learn how to drive this big b*****r

Both classes Please.

Simon

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for you support, looking forward to it already.

I just thought I'd post a link for the Premier Inn as I believe it's cheaper if you book in advance:

Premier Inn Wellingborough

We'll find somewhere better to eat on the Saturday night though. The food this year was at best mediocre and not cheap and the attitude of the manageress wasn't exactly welcoming.

Jen and I will check out a few alternative places in plenty of time.

Cheers

John

1 - 20 of 91 Posts