SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleased to announce the 4th Thingies meeting Roncole Verdi near Parma.

Like last year, the models are divided into three classes to give everyone a chance to compete. All racers are welcome. The classes, however, are not the same as last year, let's see rules.

1. The model cars entering the meeting must be original, will be on 1/24th scale only and they will be divided in three categories:
A- Can Am (only Mini Dream Can-Am)
B- G.T. (only models with 36D motors, like Banshee, Renegade, Astro V, etc.)
C- SPORT (all other thingies)

2. All the models must have been built before the 01/01/1973

3. Each driver will be able to enroll in no more than two categories.

4. Model car maximum width is 80 mm.

5. Minimum ground clearance under gear and motor is 1 mm.

6. Any goop or mou or similar on tyres is strictly forbitten (he track will be 'already' prepared with appropriate background)

7. The chassis, the body and the type of motor have to be as from the original model. As "type of motor" is intended the can such as D16, D26, D36, X88, etc.

8. The mixed makes assembly between chassis and bodyshell is forbitten

9. Added ballast (led only) are allowed only on the upper part of the chassis

10. Sponge tyres are allowed (silicon forbidden).

11. The allowed Thingies are listed on separate sheet

12. Cutted down bodies (golden 60es style) are allowed. Repro bodies allowed.

13. Axles only 1/8th

14. Entry fee is 15 euros each driver for one class, 20 for two

15. Prices for the first 4 of each category.

Track is a wooden Thoumieu 8 lanes, 56 meters

Some images of 2011 edition

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Looks like great fun,
This year will be a no for me but i do hope to be able to come next year if you have another run.

I see a familiar face there with a Huge trophy

Is it possible that you post the file of the poster in a link so we mere mortals could print one out for our race room,
thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jaak

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Jaak
It's a very good meeting, have attended the last couple but not sure I can make it this year.
The guy in the middle of the picture [next to the good looking guy with the big one!] is Lucio Cocchi and he's the guy who re-pulls Minidream and other thingie bodies, think also John Dilworth [Howmet] might do one.
[oneofwos]

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hey John,

It looks like fun and that's a fabulous track they have there,
may see you there next year.

Always regretted not coming along with you and my wife to Assisi.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lucio,

Is it possible to order (2) two of the "Mondial" Bodies shipped to the USA? What is the width of this body?

-Max

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lucio,

Thank you for your kindest reply! This MONDIAL body looks very nice, almost like a Shinoda.

-Max

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greetings to all!
I am preparing for the meeting and would like to show the machines that will race .

At a meeting in October with the thingies is difficult to win, but surely you're having fun, so I made a few cars for the three categories, GT, SPORT and Mini Dream Can Am that I want to present and, hopefully, that you want to participate, perhaps next year, with your wonderful thingies!

For GT category I prepared this Cyclone Avenger !

Motor: 36d Champion 707
Weight: 157 g

For Can Am category I have two alternatives, a Can Am lightweight and a normal Can Am, track testing will decide what is the most fun to drive for the race!

Motor : 26D
rewound and balanced
Weight: 76 g

rewound and balanced
Weight: 92 g

Where I worked a little more was for the SPORT category!
For the SPORT category I wanted to prepare the replica of the body of the cucaracha with joint Pizzi, because in 1967 I was impressed and then last year Stefano showed me the original chassis and I can not deny that I felt a certain emotion. This frame in 1967 was the chassis to beat, and Italy has done school for this. Is typical, of the Italian slot cars, the joint on the engine to increase traction during acceleration, such as the Mini dream, on Unicar, or on Ostorero more recently. I thought to revive at least the body. So I have prepared with all my limitations, the replication of the body:

The only documentation was the picture in a magazine of March 1967 that I bought at a flea market.

I imagined the color was red but now I think it could also be blue or something else, but I made red and white. If anyone has any photos of the original I'd be curious to see them.

When I finished the body, however, it seemed an unfinished work, and so I decided to really make a full replica.
I have devised a simple easy to design, cut the arm pick-up immediately after the attack of the motor, that would have been the articulation of the engine, and then hinging the pick-up to the frame part that supports the bodywork. Before cutting, I drilled the holes on the pick-up and the frame that supports the body, so as not to change the proportions of the original chassis.
I put more pictures, and if someone gives me directions, are welcome, I cut and sew, but are certainly not an expert !

rewound and balanced
Weight: 109 g

As an alternative to cuca Pizzi I have Unicar Super aerodinamica !

Motor: 26D
rewond and balanced
Weight: 93 g

And a Riggen Mach 1

rewound and balanced
Weight: 143 g

I hope to see some of those who are reading this article, next year in Roncole, to see your beautiful thingies and have fun together!

Greetings to you soon!

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Very interesting cars you have there Arturo,
i especially like that Pizzi you did, a really good job replicating it

Thank you for sharing,
now the people who can not go or be there still can see what was raced there.

Cheers,
Jaak

·
Registered
465 Posts
Really nice cars! I am very impressed!

-Max

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
as my friend Pino (98arturo52) I would like to present here some thingies, ready for the Roncole 2012 meeting.

This year a couple of friends, affected by sudden madness
, sent me their thingies, asking me to make them ready for the Roncole meeting; I would show them to you, hoping that they like you, at least as look.

Stefano Sbravati sent me 3 Mini Dream Can-Am (one of them had the plastic chassis broken and I repared it, fixing and gluing a alluminium insert). Unfortunately I don't have the pictures of those slot cars because I gave them to him during our vacations in Sorrento in august.

The others Mini Dream Can-Am, that you can see here, are from Antonio Farina: he has 4 Can-Am ,2 with 16D motor, and 2 with 26D motor; I believe that the 26D are "Milan rewound", (maybe Nozzoli?) because they run over 50.000 Rpm. Some of these slots were without front half axle and having motor magnets with low force (I changed them with arco magnet).
I made plain the chassis, remade the front axle that now have ball bearings, setted the right gears, and changed axle for set screws wheels and mounted the right ballast.

To finish with "clients slot cars" these are the Stefano La Bostella

One of these have a Havlicek 26D!!! You can see it in this picture with the skull decal on

And now we can see my thingies:

2 La Bostella, the spider with a 26D the coupè with a 16D

Now the Mini Dream Can-Am also these with the 26d (the red one) and 16D (the silver one); the silver is all original, the body also.
Both the motors are rewound and balanced.

But the masterpieces (I believe) and the new entry of the 2012 Thingies meeting are the Monza and mainly the MONDIAL (very very rare slot car made in Naples, my region first town, in the 60').

Here you can see also the "bottom", the monza mounts a 16D the Mondial a 26D; both motor are, as usual, rewound and balanced.

THE MONDIAL with Mini Dream Mini star body.(as the original car)

The bodies are all "made by Lucio" except for the Silver Can-Am and the La Bostella.

I think I said everything about my "weapons"
for the meeting: hope to see some of you in Roncole!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Bellissimo Odissey ! I agree with Jaak - good story and great pictures ! Zig

1 - 20 of 42 Posts