SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah Ray , those ball-bearing wheels , came as standard issue front wheels , on the Mini Can Ams of the 60s . The Italians also fitted tiny tires to those ball-bearing wheels as well ! Great looking chassis - I agree ! Iso-fulcrum to boot ! Well , compared to my Cuc , the Mini Can Am is faster - Possibly because it has a 26D on board ! With a 16D fitted , I would say they are very similar in performance - but have not changed motor to 16D on my original Mini Can Am , to compare them ! Perhaps a few out there could tells us ! I think Odissey has that silver Mini Can Am with 16D motor , and would be interested to see how it performs ! Zig

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Thank you Angelo ! Very interesting performance figures . Giovanni must have some very good 16D motors ! Yes , I have to agree , The Mini Can Am is one of the fastest of the Thingie cars , if not the fastest . My Mini Can Am with 26D motor is very quick . Thanks for the performance charts Angelo ! Zig

· Registered
1,487 Posts

My original Mini Can Am with 26D motor !

Chassis is still in very good condition !

And Ray , original front wheels , but I used wide rubber bands to make tires.

Also Angelo - added pictures , so you can see my Mini Can Am . Zig

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Thanks for the information Angelo ! Yes , the Mini Can Am has very low centre of gravity , and clearance - too low sometimes on a few tracks I tried it on . I had to change the rear wheels . But on a good track , very hard to beat . I also like the La Bostella , and for me , the Racegold chassis works better than the vintage and original Rennchassis ! Maybe it is how I driver , but to me , it feels smoother and has more control ! Zig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.