SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a quiet corner of Essex today the Southend Slot Racing Club held its fourth annual Vintage Summer Classic for 1/32 and 1/24 scale pre 1972 slot cars.

The small but enthusiastic entry raced hard and with good humour despite some expensive machinery getting quite heavily damaged and the two worthy winners were presented with some impressive silverware.

Here are some pictures of the 1/32nd scale race.

The A finalists before the start. Left to Right - Vic Bettell, Alan Shawe, Joel Thura and Steve Carter

The opening lap of the A final

A few photos of the 1/32 entry

This picture shows the winning Porsche 906 - Revell chassis and motor/Eldon bodyshell

The underside of the winning car.

Steve Carter receives his winner's trophy from Vic Bettell.

The 1/24th scale race pictuures will follow later.

David

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some photos of the 1/24th scale race

Three photos showing the line up of cars

Hardworking Southend Slot Racing Club stalwart, Colin Nicholls who organised todays event and who also runs the weekly club meetings

We had to have a couple of tea breaks during the meeting

A strange photo... It is actually Pete and Colin (RSSlotRacing) sorting out their excellent range of wheel inserts

As I took the pictures here is a shot of my cars

Joel Thura receiving his trophy from Vic for winning the 1/24 scale race

Slight damage to my Ferrari 250SWB (the shell is now in about 20 pieces) temporarily taped up which held together for the race.

Everyone had a good time and we look forward to next years vintage meeting.

David

·
Registered
41 Posts
many thanks for you comments ,Lee I did'nt realise you could get on the Forum or even had a computer .I agree some of my cars could look

better but when you're racing perhaps four times in the coarse of eight days ,they do get slightly tatty.Then again if you are only allowed out

once a week ,as you are ,your cars don't get so much wear .As for the taped up car it was accidently smashed in the rear but belongs to probably one of the finest scratch builders in the UK ,& I would be proud to own such a car .
Vic

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (ferraif40 @ 18 Jul 2011, 12:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys,

Looks like a great event, one I would have loved to have attended. Was there an entries thread? Please put me down for 2012.

Regards
Jon

Jon there wasn't an entries thread and you weren't forgotten with an invite as we have kept this event low key due to the restricetd facilities and until recently an old plastic track.

I think that future open events will be more publicised with a view to get a few more entries so keep a look out.

David

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mark

Yes the Ferrari 312, BRM H16 and Lotus 49 are all Charlie Fitzpatrick shells on Airfix/MRRC slimline chassis.

David

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
David, thanks for the report and the excellent photos. It certainly was a more enjoyable event on the new track, so well done to Colin and Vic for taking the time to build it. Well done to the winners as well.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
another great day was had buy all .fine cars great racing ,this has been a good event for the last 4/5 years and now we have a new track.which is even better , next year we hope to work out some logistics for space ect so we can hold more events so as soon as we do well let u know.thanks to all who attended and for ur continued support .alan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.