SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 4x8 digital w/ borders, almost completed as my permanent fix for now. Short Straight and curves challenges for the novice and expert alike.
Electronic engineering Rectangle Composite material Window Computer hardware
My Revo Toyota One w/out mags loves the layout. (Lots of drifting)
How do I send a photo?

·
Greg Gaub
14,967 Posts
hard to do better in 4x8. There's a great thread in the tracks and scenery forum for scalextric (digital) 4x8 layouts that you might enjoy looking through.

·
Registered
144 Posts
And the great thing about the old 8 x 4, it'll be 16 x 4 in no time, very easy to tap into the end where your garage door is.

·
novice jazz player &
6,402 Posts
Its really inspiring to see how much track fun can be achieved in a 4x8 space - impressive!

c

I guess if the chicane hairpin causes too much interaction between cars you could switch to standard parallel lane R1 curves with inside borders?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its really inspiring to see how much track fun can be achieved in a 4x8 space - impressive!

c

I guess if the chicane hairpin causes too much interaction between cars you could switch to standard parallel lane R1 curves with inside borders?
I'd like to try that setting.

·
Greg Gaub
14,967 Posts
I prefer the standard R1 over the squeeze, for a couple reasons. First, it's not a proper squeeze, so some cars can go through, and some can't, so rarely to people actually back off when entering just behind another car in the other lane. Second, forced interaction between cars on a digital track is entirely unnecessary. There's already plenty of car interaction from sharing the lanes and changing lanes. These kinds of tracks were made to give the "real racing" feel to analog tracks, and are just obstacles in digital racing.

As for coasting... depends on the car. ;-)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prefer the standard R1 over the squeeze, for a couple reasons. First, it's not a proper squeeze, so some cars can go through, and some can't, so rarely to people actually back off when entering just behind another car in the other lane. Second, forced interaction between cars on a digital track is entirely unnecessary. There's already plenty of car interaction from sharing the lanes and changing lanes. These kinds of tracks were made to give the "real racing" feel to analog tracks, and are just obstacles in digital racing.

As for coasting... depends on the car. ;-)
I'll try the R1 concept and post another pic. Had the ole Grand Turismo layouts in mind..0

·
Greg Gaub
14,967 Posts
Depends on the car. That's my point. Even that "squeeze" isn't a proper squeeze, so lots of cars can go through side by side. Some cars can't, though, like LMP or Trucks, or just large-ish cars of other kinds. Even then, sometimes they just are pushed against each other until they leave the squeeze. As such, most people don't treat like a squeeze. Eventually, cars will knock each other off, and it's annoying because people have been treating it like a regular R1 when it's not.

If it were a proper squeeze, like the classic squeezes that placed the slots as close together as possible, at least then it would force drivers, regardless of the cars in use, to avoid going through side by side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts