SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,220 Posts
I discovered the Gunze Sangyo line of static models last year at a flea market. These kits are very well made. I have several builds already posted.

An idea came up to make a chase-car that is a bit faster than the rest of the field. When the police car passes your car... You need to stop driving. The laps you raced before being caught are the only ones that count.

The project begins.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Product Rectangle Cosmetics Material property Publication

Font Rectangle Engineering Wood Pattern

Rectangle Automotive exterior Plastic Bumper Auto part

Rectangle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades

This roof has 5-parts. Front clip. Main center piece. 2-chrome side posts, and a rear window.

Tin Bag Rectangle Beige Office equipment

The chassis. The rest of the field has BWNC1's. This chase car has a 21.5k Slot It sidewinder.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Musical instrument Rolling Wood Machine Tool

Gas Auto part Composite material Rectangle Tints and shades

The interior is nicely detailed.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

At this point it's just a black and white car.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Toy Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

A trip to the dollar-store was very successful. A tow-truck provided a flashing cherry for the police car. The speaker was removed.

Motor vehicle Toy Gas Automotive design Automotive wheel system

The flashing assemby weighed 5-grams.

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Resistor Electronic engineering

I bought 3 of the smallest batteries the dollar store had and stacked them inside some plastic tubing. That brought the weight from 5-grams, down to 2-grams.

Household hardware Circle Metal Automotive tire Auto part

Passive circuit component Circuit component Currency Font Money

Driver added. Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith show.

Hood Typewriter Motor vehicle Automotive design Office equipment

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Custom aluminum chassis. Sloting Plus roller bearings. RS Slot wheels. DArt tires. Professor Motor axles and wire. NSR pod. Slot It 21.5k motor and guide. 11x32 gears. Inserts were made from the original hub-cap wheels.

The card for the flasher fits inside the front seat-back. The batteries fit behind the front body post. The button is glued under the seat. The flasher lasts about 40-seconds.

I still need to choose a police force to paint on the doors. State Trooper or maybe OPP is coming to mind.

Thank you very kindly for looking.

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part

Attachments

· Registered
2,839 Posts
Hehehehe, I LOVE that idea! When they're driving 'under cover' the cops can just retract the Skyline roof into the trunk and 'Look, no flashing lights!'
biggrin.png

And I think you've just invented a new class of chassis, the 'Slightwinder'. The motor's not QUITE an angle-winder, just almost.....
thumbsup2.gif

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very kindly Steve, Grunz, and Kit.
smile.png

Kit. The NSR sidewinder pods I use are made on a slight angle (a few degrees). They come out of the box that way. I prefer NSR pods for how they mount to the chassis, and allow for bearings.
thumbsup.gif

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are two of my get-a-way cars, and the police cruiser awaiting an infraction of the law. Speeding maybe?
innocent.gif

The club all invested in the Gunze Sangyo kits. There's going to be a 1955 Nomad, 57 Caddy, several T-Birds and Impalas, etc... A nice variety of cars. I can hardly wait for the first race!
biggrin.png

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

· Electric model car driver
1,874 Posts
Here are two of my get-a-way cars, and the police cruiser awaiting an infraction of the law. Speeding maybe?
innocent.gif

The club all invested in the Gunze Sangyo kits. There's going to be a 1955 Nomad, 57 Caddy, several T-Birds and Impalas, etc... A nice variety of cars. I can hardly wait for the first race!
biggrin.png

attachicon.gif
3 Boulevard Cruisers 1.JPG
Get your ticket book ready ...

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very kindly Wobble, Peter, and Al.

A buick would be a very cool addition!

I also have the 59 Cadillac Biarritz. But the details are still under construction. It will get it's own thread when completed.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Wheel Hood

Rectangle Font Engineering Plastic Pattern

Table Rectangle Wood Gas Font

Rectangle Plastic Auto part Metal Fashion accessory

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

Attachments

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Grunz.

The Impala and Fairlane are straight paint. No clear, buffing, or polishing of any kind.

The Thunderbird and Cadillac both required clear-coat. No buffing or polishing.

I'm slowly figuing out that many metallics don't shine on their own without clear-coat.

The closer I hold the spray can to the work. The shinier the paint comes out in the end. But get to close and you'll get runs and/or sags. I tend to move the spray can very fast. People that have watched me paint freaked out a little. Some laughed until they saw how the paint came out.

If you hold the spray can far away. The drying agent that makes the car look wet after drying, dissipates before it can go on the car. The car looks almost flat after drying. I ruined a lot of cars before I figured it all out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.