SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I was just reading on Slot Car Pitstop´s homepage the following words:

ZITATThe longest running of the current digital slotcar systems, SSD is available in both 4 car and 6 car systems (though 6 car power bases are now discontinued and in short supply).

That surprises me, because I haven´t read anything about it yet here. A false info? A missunderstanding?

If it´s true, what product will replace it?

Cheers!

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
i would say that is a very old advert relating to the C7030 and not the newer C7042apb.

My local Modelzone has one in stock for a hefty £150,a jump of £25 since the last time i visited..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Without doubt, that page refers to the old C7030 PB

Further down the page reads " Scalextric have also announced for 2007 a range of cars and plugs that allow a very quick and simple conversion.

Look for the DPR feature to identify these "

Looks to me like this was written in 2007 and never updated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
QUOTE (bigbird @ 22 Apr 2012, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
i would say that is a very old advert relating to the C7030 and not the newer C7042apb.

My local Modelzone has one in stock for a hefty £150,a jump of £25 since the last time i visited..

Why is that? Are ppl not buying the new C7042??

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Inflation and a desire to make a profit, though I am sure not as many boxes are flying off the shelf as they did when a certain J. May show-cased Scalextric to a huge television audience a couple of years back.

·
Registered
184 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 23 Apr 2012, 10:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Inflation and a desire to make a profit, though I am sure not as many boxes are flying off the shelf as they did when a certain J. May show-cased Scalextric to a huge television audience a couple of years back.

Maybe I got the msg wrong.. the £150 are for the NEW version right? I thought the old 6 car PB was long gone. Surely a lot of ppl like myself must have C7030's lying around unused? Who would pay £150 for a new one?!! Crazy...

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
I would very much doubt if any retail outlets have any new C7030s in stock, the ad is an old one that was not updated.

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
yes £150 for the newer C7042. The older C7030 can still fetch good money if it has pbpro+sh board fitted..

Standard C7030 are not worth a great deal but can be used for pit sensing instead of pitpro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.