SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I'm looking to build a 6 lane basic oval style speed circuit using classic scalextric track.

Just wondered if there's any way of having a lap counter or timing type system for all 6 lanes?

If so how would this work??

I'm very much a novice here, so basics please and no irritating abbreviations I don't understand!!

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. The extension pieces seem to be very hard to come by. Or very expensive!!

Would the scalextric RMS or other software downloads be suitable/ customisable for horse racing too? Or is it all very car-based?

I.e. Could I upload photos of the horses instead of cars/ get rid of any car noises and the 5 red lights at the start, etc?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rich.

I bought the scalextric RMS system today and looks good on my PC- but it always seems to say 'driver' rather than jockey! So I'll look into your suggestion.

One problem I do have is the wire supplied with it is female to female connection. But the post on my laptop is also female. Would a male to male connector to bring the gap work does anyone know? Or do I need a different wire to connect PC to the track?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.