SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you rally fans, I know it's not a slotcar but Dirt3 is so much fun I thought I would share it with you (I do have a 6R4 slotcar though)

Phil

·
Registered
41 Posts
WOW, if this is what videogames do look like today, I have to buy a playstation !!
Looks really great. Is the quality of XBox the same (cause it's cheaper
) ???

Greetings
Akademus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't know about the Xbox, similar I hear but it's the games that make the console.

This short video shows TV view

This is Code Masters F1 - Using a force feedback wheel -and used on the video above.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
ive got dirt 3 on the xbox, its good for rallying but not great theres load of drifting junk that you go through as well that takes it away from being a pure rally game. It does have rallycross and raid trucks and other stuff in there, and a hell of a lot of cool historical cars. Not sure how it compares the playstation should be pretty much identical.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So what to buy depents on the games running on the system !?
Ironman, why did you buy the XBox? And Smudgyboy, why did you get the PS3 ??
Thanks for your advise !!

Akademus

·
David J
3,182 Posts
I'm a PS3 user, nerver seen an XBox in action so can't speak about that.
The PS3 is a great system, Gran Turismo 5 is awesome, (Forza Motorsport on XBox looks impressive too??), the beauty of the PS3 is that it also performs as a Blueray DVD, you can store video/images/music on it, it can connect wirelessly to your PC and play your music and video, it acts like a media server, all clever stuff. The on-line gameplay is amazing, you can race with folks from all around the world.

"Perfect control" Phil? Looks like you ran wide on that last bend....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DJ
QUOTE "Perfect control" Phil? Looks like you ran wide on that last bend.... biggrin.gif

DJ, unfortunately you don't have a lot of choice when naming the vids when you download, stuff like "epic" "sweet" and so on.... what bend I didn't see the bend lol.

Over all it's a really good game if you stick to the rally side, although the stages aren't long enough you can see by these vids they are very exciting with some of my fav cars.

For you PC fans, La Mans 1970 in a Lola T70

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Sweet, can it download straight from the PS3 to youtube then? Never seen/used this feature.
I have Dirt and Dirt2 so can't really justify Dirt3 too, still playing GT5 whenerver I get a bit of spare time. I buy very few games so like to make sure the ones I do buy gey plenty of use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE Sweet, can it download straight from the PS3 to youtube then?

Yes you can, only short vids though, the 6R4 vid I had to stitch together.

Dirt3 well worth it. I'm even enjoying the drift, never thought I would!!

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Having never played on an xBox or PS3 for any length of time, I really cant comment on either, but I do race on the PC. No console, in my opinion, comes close to the PC, for graphics and physics. I dont have a fancy setup, but a standard PC with a £50 graphics card in, and a wheel.

F1 2011 on PC looks gorgeous, and the physics are superb, you really can 'feel' the tyres going off and the car move around under you! Havnt got Dirt3, I've been a little disappointed with other Dirt games, but I might give this another shot.

What a great thread BTW!

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
How can you say it doesn't come close when you hevent played a ps3 , 5 years ago yes pc games were far better ps3 has caught up and demolished pc games , with a good hd tv and hdmi cable you get much more bang for your buck than a pc.

It's proved in the demise of pc game sales .

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I was pointed in the direction of Live For Speed (PC Game, online in Multiplayer Mode, or on your own versus the PC cars in SinglePlayer Mode.

Very sophisticated racing simulator but I must admit I nearly gave it up at first and even now some of the cars are just too darn difficult to handle.

FB

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
akedemus - i got the xbox rather than the ps3 for the better multiplayer setup (although this does cost) and the fact i got it half price

the xbox lets you connect wirelessly to your pc/laptop and access media, get on facebook, etc. i think the ps3 is better for sky player and bbc iplayer etc.

pc graphics are usually better than a console but in my experience they are a lot of faff on as well for someone like me who is only a very casual gamer.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I also have Dirt3 and have to say it is fantastic. I am just starting so do not know if it will remain fun or will become just too draining. You can definitely enjoy it without going beserke with the
details.

I confess that think it is pretty cool that you can pay to get new cars available. Imagine a virtual collection of rally cars!! I got recently the Lancia Stratos and the Peugeot 205 and will soon get the Lancia Delta S4, BMW M3 and Ford Sierra Cosworth. Each car costs $2. The Monte Carlo stages are also add ons. It would be insane if the cars available would grow to cover most of the rally cars from the 60's-90's. I do not know how faithful is the physics of each car. Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Well, I went and investigate and would like to clarify that there will not be anymore add ons. So the hypothesis of having all rally cars or any more rally stages available on Dirt3 will not happen (the developers are already thinking of another game). What a shame! This is the problem of computer games, they come and go. But still Dirt3 is a great experience, but it could have been phenomenal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts