SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6th YORKLEY CLASSIC
SUNDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2012

FOR THE SEPTEMBER CLASSIC I AM GOING TO TRY A DIFFERENT FORMAT OF RACING, WITH 13 CLASSES (all to CSCRA rules)

MAXIMUM ENTRY. 15 drivers. Each driver may enter up to 9 classes

The maximum number of starters in each class will be 12, so first to enter will get more of a choice of which classes to run.

FORMAT With so many classes on offer, only ONE heat will be run (3 minutes) with the top 3 going into a 35 lap final.
Lanes will be allocated so that drivers run an equal number of heats on each lane.
Classes will be rounded up or down to either 3, 6, 9, or 12 starters to ensure full grids. It is important when entering to list the classes you want in order
of preference (with reserve classes in case you do not get the ones you want)

THE MEETING WILL BE RUN TO CSCRA RULES (look at their website for class regulations)

AWARDS To winner of each class + all entrants overall

ENTRY FEE £12 for the event

LUNCH + tea/coffee etc will be supplied as usual. Overnight accomodation arranged if required

CLASSES
In order of running
1. SPORTS/GT cars pre 1949 (CSCRA classes 1 & 2)
2. SALOON CARS up to 1300cc. pre 1972
3. SINGLE SEAT racing cars pre 1952 (classes 1 & 2)
4. SPORTS/GT cars 1949-62 (class 3)
5. SINGLE SEAT racing cars 1951-60 (Class 3)
6. FORMULA 1 CARS 1961-65 (Class 4)
7. SPORTS/GT cars 1963-75 (Classes 4 & 5)
8. CAN-AM CARS to 1974 (Classes 4 & 6)
9. SALOON CARS over 1300cc pre 1972
10. FORMULA 1 CARS 1966-77 (Classes 5 & 6) will also accept Indy cars up to 1977
11. SPORTS/GT cars 1976-81 ( class 7)
12. FORMULA 1 CARS 1978-88 (Classes 7 & 8)
13. SPORTS/GT cars 1982-93 (Class 8)

for READY TO RUN CARS (especially the later Sports/GT classes) read the CSCRA rules carefully

TIMESCALEfor entry;
1.Initial entry of intent to take part (either here or by email etc)
2. Classes to be entered by July 1st (or earlier if you want first choice)
3. List of actual cars entered by September 1st
Regular Yorkley entrants can pay when you arrive. For first time drivers please send cheque for £12 made out to M WALL, to Old Crown Inn, Crown Lane, Yorkley, Glos.GL154TP

PRACTICE All day Saturday and from 8-30 to 10am Sunday

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to those that have entered so far but the response to date is not great. I know there is still 5 months to this one, and i'm taking a risk with the format but there must be plenty of "Classic" racers with loads of cars that never get an outing.

I will wait until the June meeting at Yorkley and see what response there is up to that date, but comments on the formula for the meeting are always apreciated, especially from our regular Yorkley Classic entrants.

Mike

·
John Roche
4,237 Posts
Hi Mike,

I'll have to see nearer the time. I've already got the Wellinbugger Classic and Tour de Flandres vintage meetings in September. Generally I try not to do more than one meeting a month in the interests of domestic tolerance

Cheers

John

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
QUOTE but comments on the formula for the meeting are always apreciated

To be honest that many classes at one meeting just looked a little daunting to me.
My first though was to put it to the back of my mind and think about it at some point when I have a lot of spare time to give it all some more thought, but that's just me and I'm a little wierd compared to most folk.

·
David Collins
2,447 Posts
The date is good for me Mike, and it's a great (if brave!) experiment I must say I'm not sure whether I have enough cars that will meet CSCRA regs...I'll have to start measuring up my club cars. But yes please, can I have a place.

I think I would definitely need an overnight stay for Saturday practice to ensure that enough of them are sorted!

David

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input guys, not wierd at all Phil, It will be intersting to see what the final take-up will be, After the June 30th meeting I will have a better idea of numbers. It will certainly sort out who has the best stable of cars.
Mike

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Mike my wife and daughter have yet to decide which weekend either side of her birthday (its on the 26th September) my daughter is coming home to celebrate it, but then you know I always have that "choice" to make with your September Classic.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Hello Mike,

I had decided to wait until after Sunday's meeting before deciding whether to enter and now I'm chomping on the bit. As I only have cars for 6 or 7 classes at present, but an enormous build list, I would like to make my final choice as late as possible if that's ok.

Take care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts