SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
first class numptyness! 2 words.....seat belts. surely even back then they must have seemed like a good idea? i am a little confused though. did the wolsburg factory have ferdinands' plans upside down when the built beetles? they seem far more at home on the roof!!

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Perhaps they were mixing radial and cross-ply tyres on the same axle. The advert *did* tell us not to do that, 'cos bad thngs happen when you do.

·
Greg Gaub
15,057 Posts
That's what amazed me the most... so many people seemed to literally be out for a Sunday drive with the family. "No worries, dear! Pop the kids in back and we'll get around the ring in 10. Plenty of time to get to the park for lunch!" And of course, no helmets, seat belts, roll bars... nothing. I realize this was a while ago, before cars were as safe, but come on. If I was going to do that, I sure the heck wouldn't take my friends or family to my death with me. Some of those really did look quite painful and deadly. I sure hope the people were able to get out of that burning wreck before it caught fire.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well , this touristdrives can you make on the Nordschleife at nearly every weekend when there is no race event . A lot of brits comes here regular . And accidents are regular at every weekend . So nothing changes really ... okay the cars are safer up today
Its a big fun , but right , a lot of people think that their daily shopping trolleys were racecars when they are on the track

Greetz , Ralf ( living 1 hour from the Ring
)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was amazed by how many people managed to tak the corner seperated from their cars........and even though the speeds were likely a lot slower than they might be today, like you say amazing how many of them walked away......

In my experience it doesnt matter what nationalality you are, put a guy in a car on a race track and there is always gonna be a tosser or two amongst them.

Cheers Gloveman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts