SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

New here and this is my first post

I decided that I really need a small slotcar track and seeing as the materials available for a board come in a 8x4 sheet this seems the most sensible size for a starting layout ?

Does anyone have any good layouts using Sport track for this size board - even better if you have actually tested them but not essential.

TIA

... Rob

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Rob,

Welcome to SlotForum, I have a couple of 8x4 Sport track layouts that I used to use.

There are no flyovers or raised sections involved because I wanted to store it by leaning the board up the side of a wall. I just imagined flyovers and stuff getting bashed about so I thought it better to do without them.

So, I am sure other people have more complex designs that will give you extra track length in the same space but I will gladly mail you the layouts if you like.

Regards.....Mark.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey mark:
i wouldnt mind looking at your ideas. After doing my permanent layout on a table i´m doing a couple more tracks to be stored against a wall or under the bed. I´ve already done a nice oval dirt track (with loads of cocoa powder to make up for the dirt) and i want to do some other ones. If you can send me your ideas, i would be very happy.

Fragoso

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'll second that! Mark, it would be great if you could post your ideas on this board. (if that's okay with you, obviously)

And welcome to the forum Rob, I hope you enjoy using it!

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Hi Rob.

Welcome to the Forum.

Here's a little 8'x4' layout for Sport track which uses at least one of each radius Sport
curves. Gives you an idea of what you can do,

If you like layout planning, I would recommend you get a little programme called Tracker 2000, written by Edwin Dore. You can look at his website and download a Demo at :-
www.slotrace.com

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here are the two circuits I mentioned. The first one is actually sized to fit in a 7x4 area but just add extra straights to lengthen it to 8 feet.

It is important I mention that Rand Fredricksen, a regular contributor and track planner over at SCI helped me with the designs and it is his Tracker 2000 pictures that you can see.

Both should give approx 30 foot lane length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts