SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most challenging layouts to design, also happens to be one of the most sought after.

The ubiquitous 8'x4' sheet can be a simple starting point for a layout, but good designs can be hard to fit into the space.

Please post your ideas below, or alternatively post them in the Track Plans database, and post a link to them here, so that we can build up a good selection of layout ideas for small spaces.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here's few Scalextric Digital 8x4 tracks in no particular order...

8x4Maximiser.png

8x4MaxWithPits.png

BFig8.png

BigSweeper25.png

BigSweeper27.png

portable8x4.png

BrandsHatch.png

Crossover33.png

DarkCobra.png

DarkCobra2.png

DavidBLST.png

Delidubz.png

DigitalRacer.png

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Depending on your choice of Analogue or Digital, I have the images for this 3D this pit exit.

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189169&hl=owlium See Post 1

While not perfect, it helps, on the bottom left is a 3D printed/converted Scalex track piece. A Pit exit on the inside of an R2. With an outer R1 type radius. It helps save space on small layouts. If ever Slot.it get there universal lane Changer finished it could be a Pit entry as well.

I can say it works and is reliably, have been using it since built and it has survived numerous takes downs as mine is a rug race track albeit on a table.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Depending on your choice of Analogue or Digital, I have the images for this 3D this pit exit.

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189169&hl=owlium See Post 1

While not perfect, it helps, on the bottom left is a 3D printed/converted Scalex track piece. A Pit exit on the inside of an R2. With an outer R1 type radius. It helps save space on small layouts. If ever Slot.it get there universal lane Changer finished it could be a Pit entry as well.

I can say it works and is reliably, have been using it since built and it has survived numerous takes downs as mine is a rug race track albeit on a table.
Hi is it possible to show a pic of the pit exit on its own please

regards ade,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

New to the forum and to slots. I bought a couple of track sets the 1/32 stock car challenge and the Gulf racing set. I see allot of cool designs on here. The first few have a list of what pieces you need. But none of the other ones seem to have the same list of pieces needed to build the layout or am I missing something.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
394 Posts
almost all the scalextric sport ( digital ) track pieces relate directly to the classic scalextric / scx pieces , so ppl should be good to copy the above plans for scally
and the use of either the grippier classic or less grippy sport track is fine for both analogue or digital
also the track adaptor pieces from sport to classic and vice versa can be used for problem areas
just remember classic/ scx track has a shallower slot than almost every other track type ( cant remember off hand but its true )
so some of the newer cars guide flags may need trimming ( imo best to use sport track pieces only )( is the reason i changed )
all scalextric sport track can be used in either digital or analogue
remember that in analogue the lane changers , pit lane lane changers etc will not work so dont bother using them in your analogue setup

hope this helps with scally tracks
kev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Kev, thanks a bunch! To be more specific, I meant which Scalextric analogue corners would equal a digital crossover, and which combination of straight track pieces would equal 1 straight crossover track. I like the designs but want scaly sport analogue, not digital track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.