SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I've included some undulations in my rally track, Scalextric cars don't run well on it. So now I'm replacing all my Scalextric rally cars with ones which are more appropriate - mostly SCX. This isn't a problem with the later Imprezas (or the Focus, Lancer, etc) but SCX haven't done a '97-'00 Impreza.

I've got 2 options here:-
1) I have a spare Scalextric Impreza and a spare SCX chassis. Do I attempt to modify the chassis to fit the shell?
2) Forget that and buy an MSC 6001 Impreza?

This all hinges on the suitability of the MSC car. What do they run like on undulating tracks? Do they have a reasonable amount of track clearance, or are they only any good on flat (or virtually flat) tracks? I don't want to be throwing £50 at another rally car that will only ever get occasional use on my race track.

TIA
Stuart.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Thank you both for your input.

Tore...... Yes, you're right;- I'm after 4wd (along with better clearance). I have actually started to modify the chassis from an early SCX Impreza (the Carlos Sainz 4-door one, SCX8xxxx). However, I've got a later car (SCX60800) on the way to me so I'll check it out when it gets here. As well as the chassis I've already got several shells I can use for experimenting on, plus they are cheap and plentiful on eBay.

I'm going to do this whether I go for the MSC car or not. I was really just wondering if the MSC car would suit my needs - particularly as I'd also like a 6R4 and an RS200 at some point, but I won't have Scalextric.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one in that link is the one I'm using the chassis off Tore.
The '93-'97 4-door. IIRC it's sometimes referred to as the Impreza 555.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
QUOTE (stoooo @ 26 Jan 2012, 12:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know you've previously mentioned a lack of enthusiasm for the Team Slot brand............. I can certainly pass along my opinions of its quality when it arrives.
I'd appreciate that, thanks. If I think it will be no worse than my Celica is now, I may well have a punt on the Valencia one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.