Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Its a 4p resistor - and its been around for ages , I know people who tried it (fools!)
and it does nothing.
Its supposed to trick the ECU into thinking the air is colder than it is - on most
newer (circa 7-8 years) the ECU doesn't fall for it - on some cars apparantly it
does work - but they are few and far between and memory fails me to which they
are.

Don't waste your time or money it , either get a proper Superchips ECU with
rolling road tuning and/or a nice NOS kit.
I had NOS on a Fiat Bravo 155 HGT - 75bhp jets on it (giving me with exhaust and
other mods 239 bhp for short bursts
)
Thats the way to go my friend - or simply buy a quicker car ..........

·
Registered
303 Posts
What a load of B******s!!!

If you want to do that sort of mod, then get yourself some decent sized trunking and take a cold air feed from the front of your car somewhere, at least that way you will have the air to burn with the extra fuel you are dumping in the cylinders without causing borewash and knackering your pistons/rings/wallet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you're lucky enough to have one of these groovy things...

I've been told they do work, so if you're a Astra owner...

Although please remember that it was a banger driver that told me this staggering knowledge.

James

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I heard about this from a friend and apparently his friend has installed such chip to his old-banged-up Rover 214 that he claimed has made a big difference. I was skeptical about it and well, I still am. I'll let you know if I get a chance to see it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The chips have been on multi message boards and word seems to be that the resistor is 2p from maplin and that it basically buggers your car up, so dont even bother thinking about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts