SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hello everyone, it's time to announce the 9th edition DiSCA Le Mans 24 hours!

LM20_poster_webinline_v2.png

The dates for the race will be 4th-5th April 2020. As usual the circuit will be open for free practice and night time qualifying on the preceding Friday. The venue address is provided in the sporting regulations, attached to this post.

Eligible cars for this year's event will be LMP cars 2010-2019 and GT cars 2015-2019 that have race in the Le Mans 24 hours during the period. The official source of reference will be the website racingsportscars.com

Notable changes
The window for eligible GT cars has eliminates the choice of the Corvette C6.R.

The only change to the technical regulations for 2020 is that an additional 3.0g have been added to the body of GT cars, resulting in a minimum allowed mass of 22.0g. The total minimum allowed mass of a GT car also increases to 75.0g to correspond with this.

How to register:

The registration form can be accessed by clicking here to access to google form.

While the form is online now, it will not be accepting responses until Friday 27th September 2019, 18:00 BST.

As usual, we will accept 16 teams for the race with an additional 4 teams in reserve. Your choice of car must be specified at the time of registration, but may be changed up until the final payment is made prior to January 31st.

Entry fees

The entry fee is £225.00 with a deposit of £25.00 required at the time of registration to secure a place. The entry form does not contain a checkout and all payments must be made manually. Details are provided on the form.

We will be happy to answer any questions about the race. You can reach us through SlotForum, through social media using the handle officialdisca, via our website or email [email protected] Best of luck to those wishing to register and we look forward to your entry!

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Liking the GT entry list, every car is a different model
thumbsup.gif

Cheers.

Nik.

Reactions: LMP

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes! I was pleased to see this too. We also see a bumper 6-car LM P2 field which is the largest in the event's history. I was worried about P2, especially with Demon making the transition, but it turns out I needn't have :)

Watch out boys the inlines are coming ;)

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Watch out boys the inlines are coming
wink.png
As you and Demon have showed this year at Le Mans, LMP2/Inline already had the potential. And with the 2020 rules LMP2 now has a possible ≠10% body, chassis and total weight advantage over the GT cars.
thumbsup2.gif

Which for Nik is good news because that's 3gr less weight to Dremel out of their Ford GT body
innocent.gif

Must say, I can't share Nik's enthusiasm for the GT grid, looks like everybody has decided to clean out the ashtray, kick the tires and run the same cars as last year
dry.png

LMP1 looks good,. something old, something new, all that's lacking is something borrowed....and where are the Spanish? (Catalan)

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMPORTANT

Due to the somewhat dubious and rushed-through sale of the Henley-In-Arden site to Wasps Rugby, the venue will change to WCG Leamington Spa. Team Captains have been notified of the details. The event poster and sporting regulations have been updated to reflect the change in venue.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
"ENTRY LIST UPDATE for 9th edition DiSCA Le Mans 24 hours.
Unfortunately due to personal circumstance we have lost the defending champions Posillipo Slot Club and their Ferrari 458 from the grid, leaving only a four car GT entry, all of which are yank tanks!
So much for the European Gran Turismo..

Following the re-arrangement, prototype categories are booming.
LMP1 receives a boost as Olifer Performance drop their P2 team, and reserves Kilslot (Spain) and BB Slot Vikings (ITA) take the available places in the top category.
Elsewhere, Demon Slot Racing change from Audi to Nissan.

TEAM CAPTAINS please note that your ID may have changed in this latest update"

9th ed Liste des engages v3.png

with kind regards
Tamar

2018-signature-40.png

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Mission8 withdraws from DiSCA Le Mans 24hrs
This afternoon and with great pain in my heart I have withdrawn the Mission8 team entry for the DiSCA LM 24hrs April 4-6 2020.
Main reason for the withdrawal...the COVID -19 situation.
This has been an unanimous team decision, in full understanding that this would make not only our entry, but also the already paid entry fees null and void.
We hope that this will compensate for any damages resulting from our late withdrawal.

We have taken this decision while it was still ours to make, we wanted to be Pro active in this situation and not await further developments.
We wish DiSCA and all the other teams and friends all the best in these tasking times. Take care, stay healthy.

with kind regards
Tamar

Teamcaptain Mission8

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Cancellation of the 9th edition of the DiSCA Le Mans 24hrs

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

Due to the global impact of the COVID-19 virus and the substantial risks associated with proceeding with the 9th edition DiSCA Le Mans 24 hours, we have taken to the decision to cancel the event, scheduled to take place 4-5 April 2020.
Team Captains have been notified and there is an extended version of this message in the Driver's Lounge addressing potential questions from competitors.

posted on behalf and request of
post-18820-0-40661300-1580989027.png

with kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
7,899 Posts
I am really gutted about this but I think it is the best move giving how uncertain the situation is.

Hope you and your families are safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts