SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Here goes some pictures of my latest brazilian race cars project. It is one of the four factory Karmann-Ghia-Porsche from DACON team, that raced on Brazilian Mil Milhas in 1966 edition, driven by Anisio Campos and Francisco "Chiquinho" Lameirão.

The real car was a very well-conceived project of Paulo Goulart (Owner of DACON). Using VW 1600cc and Porsche 2000cc engines (among other parts), these cars raced until early 1967, under DACON colors, before end of team. Many famous Brazilian drivers raced these little beasts, like Emerson and Wilson Fittipaldi, José Carlos Pace, Chico Lameirão, Anísio Campos, etc.

After end of team, one of the cars was destroyed by Paulo Goulart himself and the other remaining ended up at hands of Fittipaldi brothers(Winning of Interlagos 6 hours 1967) and Carlos Pace. There are records of these Karmann-Ghias Porsche racing until 1968 by other private teams. There is also a very beaultiful version of Equipe Colégio Arte e Intrução from Rio de Janeiro.

Nowadays, two cars are restored and eventually take part on vintage racing cars events here in Brazil and although not officially confirmed, it seems that the last remaining 3rd car has been found and will be also restored.

About the slot car, it is a 1/32 resin body casted by a friend using as reference that well know 1/28 die cast version, reducing the master by chemical reaction until it became 1/32 (I think that already seen something about here at forum a couple of years ago).

Chassis is a Estrela reproduction from 1960's with original Estrela motor and MRRC bevel gears. The wheels are CNC made by a friend of mine and inserts came from drilled 906 Carrera from Fly. Decals are designed by me, kindly printed on alps by a friend.

Hope you like the pictures of this another brazilian racing car.

Cheers!!!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Hi Ricardo,

That car is Muito Muito Bom.... Eu gosto

Fantastic you did a great job decals paint windows etc,
love the little red signals on the stick too.
Would be great to see a picture of the chassis if possible.

Thanks for sharing

Jaak...(who sometimes resides in SC Florianopolis Biguacu BR101)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jaak!! Obrigado!!

Here goes a picture of chassis.

Hope you like

Tks!!

Ricardo Bifulco

QUOTE (JaakBeentjes @ 12 Jul 2009, 22:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Nino,

That car is Muito Muito Bom.... Eu gosto

Fantastic you did a great job decals paint windows etc,
love the little red signals on the stick too.
Would be great to see a picture of the chassis if possible.

Thanks for sharing

Jaak...(who sometimes resides in SC Florianopolis Biguacu BR101)

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Muito obrigado Ricardo

That is a nice looking chassis,
It seems adjustable in length, with proper gears made to last.
And an old type of motor also 60's i guess.

When i am in Brasil i always have a look at the Brazilian e-bay ..Mercadolivre.
To see if i can get an Autorama but they cost a whole lot of money...no bargains there

Correct me if i am wrong but they stopped producing slot car for many years right

Anyways nice to see what kind of chassis they made.
Again thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Jaak

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Excellent job Nino.

Jaak, that is copy of the old Revell aluminium ladder chassis, they are on ebay all day every day for reasonable money, either nib, or as rolling chaissis/parts cars.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Hi Ricardo,

I really like this you have achieved a lovely finish and i love the choice of car, very interesting. Good choice of chassis as well and the inserts look brilliant, well done!

Pete

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Hey Al,

Your right

When you mentioned i remembered that i have an old Revel Corvette split window with a similar chassis.
I checked and yes it is only difference is that the rear part of the two piece chassis is turned on my car.

Thx for the heads up...still want a Autorama one day though

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (JaakBeentjes @ 12 Jul 2009, 23:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Al,

Your right

When you mentioned i remembered that i have an old Revel Corvette split window with a similar chassis.
I checked and yes it is only difference is that the rear part of the two piece chassis is turned on my car.

Thx for the heads up...still want a Autorama one day though

Hi Jaak, Hi Al

Yes guys; your comments are right. This chassis was clearly inspired on Revell's, however its dimensions are a little bit different. It is narrower, compared to Revell's. Estrela released this chassis as "competition" series during the 60's and it was designed for their five-pole motor (the one I used on it).

The car run very well, however, I would like a little bit more on brakes... Maybe I'll try a shorter gear ration than actual 3.5/1

Cheers!
Ricardo

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wonderfull job!!!

Can you tell us more:

"About the slot car, it is a 1/32 resin body casted by a friend using as reference that well know 1/28 die cast version, reducing the master by chemical reaction until it became 1/32 (I think that already seen something about here at forum a couple of years ago)."

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Hey Ricardo,

I picked up my Revel again and you are right it is not the same.
Where the Autorama is curved after the guide flag the revel is squire and straight,
and it has two holes in there.
And it does seem more narrow then the one i have here.
It also is made to fit a what i think is a 26D, mine has one with a gray can.

Cheers,
Jaak

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi Foulagom! Beaultiful website you have! I loved that Ligier

Regarding the body casting, a friend of mine used a 1/28 diecast body as template. According to his information, there is some kind of chemical components combination can be applied on the silicon rubber mold process, and it shrink-retracts the mold, however, it has the advantage to shrink it proportionally. So, you are able to reduce for example, a body from 1:24 to 1/32, ho, etc and not detract its forms.
I do remember that I've already read something similar here, but I do not remembert who posted the article. The guy showed here at forum a Cunningham coupe body that was reduced to ho scale. I think that he even posted a link to a company that supplies the components.
Honestly I do not know if my friend used same process/components, but the result was all same.

I'll try to find this link at my other computer at favorites and let you know.

Tks!!!

Ricardo

QUOTE (Foulagom @ 12 Jul 2009, 23:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wonderfull job!!!

Can you tell us more:

"About the slot car, it is a 1/32 resin body casted by a friend using as reference that well know 1/28 die cast version, reducing the master by chemical reaction until it became 1/32 (I think that already seen something about here at forum a couple of years ago)."

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE however its dimensions are a little bit different. It is narrower, compared to Revell's.
Revell made this chassis in wide and narrow versions. The narrow ones were in the 1/24 Lotus and BRM GP cars.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Ricardo That is seriously cool.

Very nice build... How does it run? I've been looking for a KG body for awhile. Any chance there are more where it came from? Please PM me.

Greenma62

1 - 20 of 22 Posts