SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I have not posted anything for a long time..

As you know, I have a special feeling for French cars and therefore, I decided to have courage and make my first own resin cast: A Simca Chambord.

I've started with an old Minialuxe Simca 1/32 friction toy car. The body itself is beaultiful and accurate in general shape, however, there are some corrections to be made and I'm working on them, like the rear fins and trunk for example:

The overall look is still something basic and not finished, but after all corrections, much more details will be added prior definitive moulding.

The Simcas were extremely popular here in Brazil during the end of 50's until the middle of 60's and won many races. The factory cars were red or medium blue.

The front grille is not definitive yet. I just put it in place in order to see the general look of the car.

Any comments from you are highly appreciated.

I've also added below some picture of actual cars racing for reference:

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi guys! Thank you for your comments. The Simca Chambord is a dream I have since I was a kid.
A lot of work is still necessary but it is almost there. Today I made more adjusments in the front hood. Hopefully the overall shape will be finished in about 2 weeks. Following I will start to add the details like the trims, stripes, etc.

I'll keep you posted on it.

Hey Diurif! Tudo bem? A escala é 1/32. Um abraço!

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (choc-ice @ 4 Mar 2012, 23:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks really good! I thought Minialuxe cars were all 1:43 scale so it's nice to see the 1:32 cars

Hi Choc-Ice! They(Minialuxe) made some nice cars in 1/32, however, one of the most difficult things is to find a body which is not warped.
It is mainly due to the kind of plastic they used in those days; and after more than 40 years it is really hard to find one in perfect conditions. I was lucky to find this one with a collector in Australia and paid$$$$$$$$ for it, but the body was almost in mint conditions, considering the time it has been stored over the years.

Thanks to Merkit (Joel) I knew that the Chambord(Beaulileu) has been made in 1/32.

Cheers!!!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Ricardo.. The Simca looks excellent, it could almost be mistaken for an American 50s car.

Great work, look forward to seeing its development.

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Beautiful work, Ricardo! You'll have one very well made and extremely rare slot car body there, my friend!
I will very probably be inline for one of those, if you decide to make an extra few...

Just for curiosiy's sake, this car had a 2.3 litre V8 engine: can you imagine the size of the pistons?!?! They're smaller than my Suzuki Bandit 1200 ones!!!

Cheers and congrats for a job well done!

Fernao

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
A friend of mine had a Vedette V8, and it went well for a car of that period.
From what I can remember the handling was not great.

Nice work on the modeling.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ricardo , a limited number of resin bodies of this Simca could be very interesting no ?
I guess I could add one like yours in my collection .....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (BigDog @ 6 Mar 2012, 15:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beautiful work, Ricardo! You'll have one very well made and extremely rare slot car body there, my friend!
I will very probably be inline for one of those, if you decide to make an extra few...

Just for curiosiy's sake, this car had a 2.3 litre V8 engine: can you imagine the size of the pistons?!?! They're smaller than my Suzuki Bandit 1200 ones!!!

Cheers and congrats for a job well done!

Fernao

Thanks Fernao! When I was a kid, I remember first time I've seen one of these Simcas. I got shocked because of the noise of the engine. Then, I never forgot it. Man, I think that from that day on, I started to love this car.

Do not worry, I'm planning to make some body kits and for sure there will be one for you my friend.

Um grande abraço!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Bigblock @ 6 Mar 2012, 23:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ricardo , a limited number of resin bodies of this Simca could be very interesting no ?
I guess I could add one like yours in my collection .....

Hey Bigblock! for sure! Thank you for you kind words my friend!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for your kind comments guys. I put all my projects on hold until I finish this master. I really want to see it all set as soon as possible. Hard work, hard work.

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
534 Posts
I remember as a child, a guy up the road had one of these Simcas, really nicely prepared. Can't forget the sound of that V8 !

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi guys!

Here goes some news regarding the Simca Chambord master:

Some updates in the side trims, front hood, rear trunk, new engraved lines, rear end and some bits here and there. Car now has a better finish.

I still need to add windows and roof line trims. Front detail and grille are in progress as well.

Hope you enjoy the pictures below.

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
really fantastic stuff! thanks for posting - this is the stuff that gets me inspired to get back to some of my 'projects'!!

might i too be considered on some form of list??? have always liked the simca

i am sure i have some reference info and photos too .... lets see

more updates please

cheers, Ron

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Congratulations Ricardo this is a fine piece of work and well worth the effort you have put in, looking forward to the finished piece.

Pete

1 - 20 of 28 Posts