SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week was pretty busy - and of course I was the only one to blame (as usual)

Due to health issues, I have been forced to cut back racing a bit, and even though I am defending champion in the national 1:24 LM/GT (now GT/Proto) series, i did not participate in the first two rounds and had actually sold my cars for this class.

The third round was however held in my home club, and as i was involved in the running of the race, I rather late decided to participate in the race also.

I had build a new GRP chassis (see previous tread), but wanted an alternative, but time was running out..

so this is how the week went ...

Weekend: Making two bodies in Grp. - A Mosler and a Porsche 962
Monday night: drawing and redrawing and drawing the chassis in Corel Draw
Tuesday: Cutting and milling the chassis parts in 1,5mm brass and grp. plate
Wednesday: Assembling the car and more work on the body
Thursday: test with partly finished body - car running within 1/1000 of the current lap record
Friday: Finishing body and driver
Saturday: won the race

some pics of the chassis, which is a combination of two previous chassis designs:

I have no pics of the finished car, which was sold to a friend after the race

Niels, DK

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice chassis

I dream for this kind of chassis but for classic cars (older than grp)...
I will follow your post with attention!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stoner,

both the front and rear axle holders are German Schöler parts. I use them as they are cheap and the rear axle height is adjustable.

The motor holder is a JP part.

you can get the parts from Dieter Jens in Germany: www.scaleracing.de (english speaking)

Niels, DK

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
this is a general question neils. what is the grp part on the middle of the chassis for and the thickness of the brass part of the chassis. does any body know what sort of part, you need to supply a lazer cutting firm with to produce a brass chassis, ie a scale line drawing of the parts or an actual flat finished brass chassis complete with holes and cut outs.[maybe a different thead] by the way jens does sell some good parts, especially the motor mounts. john

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,
1. the grp part is providing the flex of the chassis due to the lenghtwise cuts.
2. The brass is 1,5mm
3. for lasercutting, they need a 2D or 3D drawing - it's cheaper if you can provide that yourself

Niels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts