SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
I was building this for the canceled Presto Park Can Am meeting which unusually was to allow vac-form bodies.

This is a Betta vac-form plasticard Lola T260, I was hoping to get it looking quite good, well I had optimistic thoughts for it!
Guess I will never know as the chances of another retro event allowing vac-form bodies are quite slim.

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
I have never really liked vac-forms as I cannot paint cars from the inside out and was always on the side of the 'no vac-forms' party.
But recently I have realised that they have a place in retro/vintage events.
For me they provide a new challenge as they can be made to look good (painted on the outside!) but with a lot more work and expertise.
But I believe they must only be allowed at events where the final, and only, result is made up from a combination of concours and race positions so that a high standard of finish would be encouraged and maintained.

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
Joel, this is the Austin 3litre

One of the great British cars (yes I'm serious!)
Unlike the 1800 which was front wheel drive with a transverse engine the 3litre was orthodox north/south set up with a 3litre six cyl. engine driving the rear wheels.
It used the centre section of the 1800 with added boot and bonnet, fantastic

I'll see if I can dig out a few more vac-forms and post some pictures.

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
1/32 cars first

A rather wide Hillman Imp!

A rather nice ERA, I've been keeping this one to do when a 'vac-formed allowed' meeting comes along for this class.

Cooper Ford, looks to be a repop of the Monogram car.

Supershells Ford Galaxie still on the card.

Lotus 30 nicely detailed and painted on the outside.

A modern Nissan R380 plasticard vac-form

Not a vac-form but an interesting repackaged MRRC clear body, can't remember the original manufacturer

Early MRRC Porsche F1 a true blob!

A Riko Marcos XP, again I've been saving this for use at a suitable vintage meeting.

and 1/24

Marcos XP again in 1/24, original at the top was a GT models body I believe, repop was from Howmet, not quite sure how he managed to save that one!

Unpainted Holden

Mint MRRC Lola T70 with detailing parts.

A 'Champion Body' Ford GT still on the card.

A badly yellowed Hawk Mercedes W163.

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
When people say 'North of Watford' a lot of people think they mean Watford Gap just north of Northampton, when in fact it actually means Watford in North London.
Personally I think up t' North is any where north of the Thames, but then I'm a Sarf Lundenner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.