SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Number one: I know MSC rally cars have been selected as the new standard class for 2012, but.......really? I've got to say in hindsight, BRM Meganes would be sooooooo much more fun and lets be honest they look awesome!!

Number two: I've put this on the Molesey fartbook page but for those who aren't on it
I suggested using our Christmas Cheddar tasting evening as a chance to try the standard slot.it group c's on a freshly cleaned track to help us work out which tyre to provide as a hand out for our open in Feb next year. Any objections?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Are you suggesting another 1:24 class instead of MSC rally cars? I would really love to race 1:24 cars but the price does put me off. If the club would be prepared to subsidise the cars then I will be well up for it!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, an alternative to MSC. BRM's are obviously more expensive, so even subsidised they'd still be around £40-£45 which is the downside. I don't want to confuse things for everyone, but I do have a few concerns about what we've chosen and I think it's absolutely crucial that we consider all the options while we've still got a few weeks of 2011 left.

Just to be clear, before anyone accuses me of taking matters into my own hands, this is just a suggestion. This hasn't been proposed, voted for or approved. Just me thinking out loud

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I personally don't think we should change it , nsr porsches will be better than msc rally if we just tampered the rules a bit and allowed smaller wheels !

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not being funny but you are officially the only person that like the Porsches
I'll be honest, I was really disappointed that they only lasted a year, but if the majority are struggling with them...

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
There bloody brilliant , people are struggling because they keep putting stuff on their tyres ! Why if you already have too much grip ! Phil likes them I think and do does alan but yeah other than that I think that porsches are not particularly favored , I don't think that we have picked an ample replacement in the msc rally cars purely due to these plastic wheels now . If you have found that problem maybe bring it up at the Xmas meal , what about dare I say it scaleauto 1:32 scale ! You know it makes sence ! Just wait untill the new cars come out in a couple of months then bring them in in feb , I don't see why we have to rush into getting a class for jan

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scaleauto 1/32 would be quite good I suppose, but they're all supplied with plastic wheels as standard though. Unless it's run as a fairly open class with just the motor type and chassis configuration specified.

G

·
I like the 997's but they are very dependant on the tyres and if you hit the sweet spot they are OK, but as the any new class they need to be extensively tested to find what brakes or goes wrong after some use, bit like the MSC rally wheels.

The BRM Megane could be a very good class and I would be up for it, they even go well on my Ninco track, so I think we ought to hold back on any new class until we have a better idea what new class if at all.

I still like the BRM class and with a little tweak on the gears/motor they could have a longer life at our club as everyone has one now and i expect the Megane's will grow in popularity and I hope they have ready available spares.

The good thing we are talking about what we really want to run which is good and if our club can do the sub thing all the better.

Very good idea using the standard Slot.it car

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the first question has to be : Should it be a "standard" class? (whatever the hell that is
) or something a little more fettled?

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Well , scaleauto 1:32 scale all standard but whatever wheels and tyres you want ? I Dno really ! I would like to run balls out classes but obviously some wouldnt

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
If we are replacing 997s then we should replace them with another class where we all race the same car. Mrslotcar was one of the choices, but for obvious reasons, majority voted against it as it was too similar to slot.it challenge class. That left us with only other choice which was MSC rally class.

I am being biased here but I would like to see 'BRM Megane' class introduced which would also allow me to race the same car in the other '1:24' class. I might be the only person at the club not racing 1:24 scale but if there are others too then they will hopefully go for it too especially if the cars get subsidised.

I also wouldn't mind racing a Scaleauto 1:32 class, but what cars do we go for? The le mans cars as they have a choice of few of them?

As for my understanding of "standard" class - same chassis, same motor mount/pod, same motor, and your choice of wheels & tyres.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Running BRM meganes as there own class is a silly idea as they are already in the 1:24 scale section... lets leave it in that!

Why cant we just keep the class we already have untill we are 100% on a new class because were all going to spend a load of money on new cars and only to find we hate them even more than the porsches... Its only going to be a meeting or two of the porsches while we experiment and test different cars to run as a suitable replacement.....

What about avant slot rally cars? They have 4 models out and will be quick and nice round our track and are closed can motors.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi All

I just wanted to add, that I too like the NSR Porsche, they look good, quick and in my opinion are better than the other 2 options. Why better? Well, we're looking at changing the track to plastic and as I see it the club could do with every spare penny . If we leave things as they are we'd save the club some cash and could do, as flange suggested, add some smaller wheels to the Porsche making them handle better. I know its not an ideal solution but in light of the proposed track change it would be better to leave things as they are and save some money. The worst that can happen is we have the Porsche for another 6 months and in that time, if the new track isn't a viable option, we may have another class to replace the porsche.

Just my thoughts

Rich

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I agree Richard and on the new track nsr Porsches will be the best class

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Flange @ 26 Nov 2011, 14:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree Richard and on the new track nsr Porsches will be the best class

Is that because they've got magnatraction? I know you struggled at Wolves because there wasn't enough magnetic downforce

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (Skid mark @ 26 Nov 2011, 17:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that because they've got magnatraction? I know you struggled at Wolves because there wasn't enough magnetic downforce

Of course.... same reason you struggled at hereford wasn't it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guy's, why not give LMP's a look, their is a lot of models up and comming, slot-it and NSR are now heading in this direction.?

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
That's the main problem we want a new class but cars aren't quite avaliable yet .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts